How far we have come in 9 games

With 9 games to go, Here’s a look at how far we have come in the previous 9 games.

This is the table of the only teams that matter to our season:-

Boro             P36. Pts58

Derby           P37. Pts56

——————————-

*Bristol C       P36. Pts55 (*denotes still to play Owls)

*Villa               P37. Pts54

*Preston         P37. Pts54

*Forest            P37. Pts53 

Wednesday   P37. Pts52

Brentford        P36. Pts49

(Boro v Bristol C play their postponed game early April)

This is how it stood with 18 games to go:-

Boro             P28. Pts47 

Derby           P28. Pts46

——————————-

Bristol C       P28. Pts44

Villa               P28. Pts39

Forest           P28. Pts39 

Wednesday   P28. Pts35 

Brentford       P28. Pts34 

Preston         P28. Pts33 

Preston are flying, with 21 points from 9 games.

Our 17 points in 9 games have brought us right back into contention.

Brentford have 15 points from 8 games.

Villa have 15 points from their 9 games.

Forest have 14 points from 9 games.

Boro struggling with 11 points from 8 games. 

Bristol C also only 11 points from 8 games

Derby have done a Derby, with only 10 points from 9 games.

With us still having to play the four teams directly above us in the table, we have a great opportunity to reel them in and apply some more pressure.

Of course, the flip-side of that is that we have some very challenging games still to play against teams who'll be happier than us to accept a draw.

If we're going to make the playoffs, we'll have to do it the hard way and there's very little room for error from here on in, but the fact that we've hauled ourselves back into contention is quite remarkable in itself.

We have to hope that not all the teams around us will keep on winning , I’m sure the pressure of reaching the play offs will get to some and of course teams play one another so we can’t all win all the time . We can’t afford to lose where others above us can . 6 wins and a draw should get us very close , big ask isn’t it . 

Whilever there is an outside chance you have to believe or the seasons already over.  Being realistic we have a very slim chance of making it. As mentioned earlier we have a very difficult run in with most teams having something to play for. That and the fact we struggle to score/create sufficient chances leaves me to think it's just too much of an ask. Only managing draws against Millwall,  rotherham and reading cost us (apart from not sacking that b*ll end Jos earlier). They were games we should have won and would have put us in the play offs.

1 hour ago, JOCOWl said:

Whilever there is an outside chance you have to believe or the seasons already over.  Being realistic we have a very slim chance of making it. As mentioned earlier we have a very difficult run in with most teams having something to play for. That and the fact we struggle to score/create sufficient chances leaves me to think it's just too much of an ask. Only managing draws against Millwall,  rotherham and reading cost us (apart from not sacking that b*ll end Jos earlier). They were games we should have won and would have put us in the play offs.

I think you’ll find that every team in the division apart from 2 or 3 have something to play for. I don’t think the draws you are talking about will prove to be as bad results as you think as recent wins for Millwall at Derby and Birmingham show. I think Reading and Rotherham will pick up unlikely results between now and the end of the season and Ipswich will be dangerous as teams usually are when the pressures off.

FWIW whilever we stay in contention we’ve got a better chance than a lot on here think. Having a squad and a manager that has finished in the play-off places in two of the last 3 seasons will count for something at the end of the season

IMO.

3 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think you’ll find that every team in the division apart from 2 or 3 have something to play for. I don’t think the draws you are talking about will prove to be as bad results as you think as recent wins for Millwall at Derby and Birmingham show. I think Reading and Rotherham will pick up unlikely results between now and the end of the season and Ipswich will be dangerous as teams usually are when the pressures off.

FWIW whilever we stay in contention we’ve got a better chance than a lot on here think. Having a squad and a manager that has finished in the play-off places in two of the last 3 seasons will count for something at the end of the season

IMO.

Personally I think the draws will be the difference. 3 draws on the bounce against some of the worst teams. We will keep hoping until it's mathematically out of our reach.

10 hours ago, hawksmore said:

GSo going on form, we would finish on 69pts

5th would be Preston with 75 points 

6th would be us, boro or villa based on goal difference 

Goal difference is a sore point for us.

After Blackburn game.

Boro             P37.  Pts58

*Villa              P38. Pts57

———————-    

*Preston.       P38. Pts57

Derby           P37. Pts56

*Bristol C      P36. Pts55 

Wednesday  P38. Pts55

*Forest          P37. Pts53 

* = still to play us.

Preston   - 24 points from 10 games.

Owls       - 20 points from10 games 

Villa         - 18 points from 10 games.

Forest      - 15 points from 10 games.

Boro        - 11 points from 9 games. 

Bristol C  - 11 points from 8 games

Derby.      - 10 points from 9 games.