Wednesday 4 : 2 Blackburn OMDT

Great post as ever Milord. Certainly up there in the top 42 or 43 OMDTs of the season so far.

Blackburn are a funny team, we've had some great performances against them (league cup semi for example) and some shockers (this season and that awful 7-2 hammering way back when) but riding on the crest of all this positivity, I fancy a win today. 

Hopefully it will be a buoyant if wet and windswept Hillsborough following a positive result from up the M1 this lunchtime.

Come on Wednesday. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Ahem :duntmatter:  .... as I was saying, no more Mr. Nice Owls!

IMG-0931b.GIF.243a2878434b693dcebbe0e017055705.GIF

Mrs Moorpork is a master at that expression change.....I trigger it just by entering a room!!! 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Top OMDT as always, Saturday mornings with coffee and a chuckle over a great read is something we've been spoiled with this season, well done!

What can we say about today's game then, that's not been said before, hope the boys go out and enjoy their current, good run and form... CHHHAAAARRRGGGGGEEEEEE!!

Up the Owls!

• Like 1

Well done Mi Lord-- your inclusion of the family surname has resulted me being woken up by phone calls from old ladies wanting to have there table legs seen to.

However they were very disgruntled when I had to tell them that you were not speaking euphemistically  and  that DIY jobs were indeed were my forty.

I`ll be round after the match today to sort that table leg -- i`ve a notion that turning it into 3 legger might provide more stability as it does for a milking stool. Many a stout milkmaid has thanked me profusely for turning her seat into a 3 legger, but thats another story.:rolleyes::duntmatter:

• Haha 3

Top OMDT today Snoots. Loving that owl gif, he/ she looks like Jos’s ‘tache has made a reappearance! News of the demise of Danny Graham and Mulgrew is encouraging, kick towards The Lep first half 0-0, get the wind up their fannies second half and breeze through 3-0! We can do this and the egg chasers will distract me from looking at the score every 5 mins on ‘ere. UTO Come along now you blue and white ‘outside chance of the play offs’ wizaaards!lol

• Like 1

Always seems to rain on the weekend doesn't it. 

Research many years ago showed there's a 22% higher chance of rain on a Saturday linked to pollution during the week from industry creating heat islands and pressure pockets,  resulting in rain at the weekend in localised areas.  

Of course we now live in a 24/7 society and things don't simply shut down at the weekends anymore. So its now thought the original findings were a load of all cobblers. They think it's more to do with heat/air and is air cruelly more likely to do with the time of day. It's more likely apparently to rain in the afternoon.

Still,  it does seem to me that it does rain more on the weekends. Weekend afternoons. 

Perhaps is the localised air pressure caused by the phantom KOP trumpers. 

27 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Always seems to rain on the weekend doesn't it. 

Research many years ago showed there's a 22% higher chance of rain on a Saturday linked to pollution during the week from industry creating heat islands and pressure pockets,  resulting in rain at the weekend in localised areas.  

Of course we now live in a 24/7 society and things don't simply shut down at the weekends anymore. So its now thought the original findings were a load of all cobblers. They think it's more to do with heat/air and is air cruelly more likely to do with the time of day. It's more likely apparently to rain in the afternoon.

Still,  it does seem to me that it does rain more on the weekends. Weekend afternoons. 

Perhaps is the localised air pressure caused by the phantom KOP trumpers. 

There is a ban on HGV trucks in Europe on Sundays, well Germany any how, and they eat a lot of Sausages so lots of trumping.

Not sure why I wrote this.

Quality omdt as per. Rasta Pokemon. Whatever next? pmsl. :biggrin: I thought the win at Bolton cemented our credentials vis a vis top 6.

Have no doubt at all about today, that we will follow that up with a win. Let's have some backbone about it. Their season is over. Their crap away. It's wet & cold & we'll be all over them.

3-0 to the boys.

UTO. FTB.

• Like 1