With L**ds and Norwich left to play...

...could we be instrumental in getting the piggy scummers back into the premier league automatically? 

Let's face it, we're ruddy fantabulous now and I'd fancy our chances of at least getting a point off l**ds and Norwich.

If the playoffs are mathematically ruled out for us by then I say we field the under 12's as part of their future development.

Edited by poite
  • Haha 7

I suppose the hypothetical question would be, 'would you accept beating Leeds and Norwich thus assisting automatic promotion for the pigs, but guaranteeing us sixth spot.'

I think is would be a clear yes.

14 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

We’ll probably lose both which could be what finishes us off this year.  Beating them both is a huge ask.

..but Norwich are a head scratcher for me - they were bobbins last season..a remarkable turnaround

Omnishambles when we played them last season, and the one before that. Bizarre isn't it.

They still look vulnerable at the back IMO, but their attacking midfielders have been playing out of their skins this year. And Pukki, of course - be interesting, purely hypothetically, to see where they'd be right now without his goals.

Edited by Mr. Tom

41 minutes ago, Animis said:

I suppose the hypothetical question would be, 'would you accept beating Leeds and Norwich thus assisting automatic promotion for the pigs, but guaranteeing us sixth spot.'

Of course - and it'd give us a lot more confidence for when we faced Leeds in the playoffs

8 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Omnishambles when we played them last season, and the one before that. Bizarre isn't it.

They still look vulnerable at the back IMO, but their attacking midfielders have been playing out of their skins this year. And Pukki, of course - be interesting, purely hypothetically, to see where they'd be right now without his goals.

They'd have had Jordan Rhodes up front banging them in :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Animis said:

Yes.

Because going to Wembley and winning will feel like a cup win and promotion rolled in to one.

Much better feeling than straight promotion.

13 hours ago, sternlad said:

Norwich must be due a dodgy spell, you’re right they were bobbins last season. Always fancy us to get a result against the mighty W**ds.

I was saying the same about Huddersfield a couple of years ago. Waiting for their bubble to burst from November and it never did. Norwich are reminding me of them!

15 hours ago, Animis said:

Of course.

Only Blades fans prize their rivals' defeats more highly than their own victories.

I’ve no doubt in my mind that we are heading to the premier league soon, if not this season then in the next couple. 

If the blades get there first then so be it, we are building a very strong model from which to be promoted to and stay in the top tier. 

The blades if they go up will come straight back down. As a club they’re not ready. 

Have you ever thought that if Wednesday were to go to both Leeds and Norwich and win and whilever this run we're on continues we've got every chance IMO, it may well help send United up automatically but as good as the best side and manager on the planet are they only may go up because the so called comedy club from the other side of the city gave them a massive helping hand. That would stick in Wilder's craw so much he'd Implode in the premier league next season :biggrin:

If Leeds win today it's a 5 point gap, Norwich could be 7 clear meaning our result with them would probably be meaningless to them in terms of United catching them. By the time we play Leeds hopefully it's a bigger gap than 5 points too, we might be out of the picture ourselves by 5pm tonight so we'll see.