Jump to content


Recommended Posts

 

 

 

 

Play-Offs

It looks better than it did a month ago. No doubt at all we’ve given ourselves a squeak. Given ourselves a chance. There’s the difficulty.... we have to sustain it. That's the hardest part and there's no easy games in this division and you can't predict this division.  It’s important we give the supporters something to shout about of course. They seem to be enjoying it.  Can we go and win 6 out of the next 8? That's the question.  That’ll put the cat among the pigeons. So let’s go and have a crack at it. See what we can do. It might be a long shot. But it's there.  I won't predict because you can't. The biggest doing we’ve had was at Rotherham! 

So as you know, you can’t call it. You can't call games in this division. That's the Championship. We just have to sustain it (our run)  We’ve shown we can. But you can’t call it.  

We've lost one in fifteen there’s eight to go though. IT’s tough,  there’s no easy games and like I’ve said our hardest test has been Rotherham and they’re second bottom ,that’s this division.

 

image.png.615c5357065ba7724c2cac83fd471ed2.png

 

But..... we're doing well. So let’s enjoy it.  That’s my philosophy. When things are going well enjoy those moments. Enjoy it.

If we got there.... great. But you know, that's not success. Success, that's winning it. No one remembers the runners up. But like I said it's a long shot. 8 games left. Lets have a go. Let’s enjoy it

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Funny that, he keeps banging on about how he remembers the runners-up from 2016.  The man's nowt but a liar and a charlatan. lol

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If we do our bit get behind the lads we have every chance finishing 5th and United 3rd all Sheffield final at Wembley

Edited by 1867_OWL
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every picture tells a story...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 1867_OWL said:

If we do our bit get behind the lads we have every chance finishing 5th and United 3rd all Sheffield final at Wembley

I'd take sixth.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

No one remembers the runners up

 

Ooooh, Brucie! That's a bit below the belt. Or have you forgotten?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think he can call it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to have a manager that just says it as it is. No waffle, no shirking questions, just honesty and not playing anything down nor building anything up.  The opposite of a politician....

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Brucester wants it doesn't he. Can you imagine the utter meltdown if we sneak 6th and beat the pigs in the playoffs on our way to a glorious, impossible promotion. Unlikely I know but................. 

:Chansiri:   he did tell us....... 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

I like the cut of his jib. 

So do I Snoots, so do I. However, would it be impolite to point out that you said the same about Jos? Perhaps it was Stubbs who hacked your OT account or even laced your morning sherry. 

lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vid of the press conf anyone? I missed it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we don't go up this season, we'll win the league next, Mark my words. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

So do I Snoots, so do I. However, would it be impolite to point out that you said the same about Jos? Perhaps it was Stubbs who hacked your OT account or even laced your morning sherry. 

lol

 

Oh that's quite true.

When the 'tache first arrived and had the lads in doing double sessions and plenty of running and fitness work I very much did like what he was saying. Because I hadn't seen much running from them and was appalled that they were working 2 hour days before he turned up. Course he alienated everyone by the end.  But at the start, oh yes. I was delighted with what he was saying.  

  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

Oh that's quite true.

When the 'tache first arrived and had the lads in doing double sessions and plenty of running and fitness work I very much did like what he was saying. Because I hadn't seen much running from them and was appalled that they were working 2 hour days before he turned up. Course he alienated everyone by the end.  But at the start, oh yes. I was delighted with what he was saying.  

That's fair and to be fair to Jos he had auto promotion form at the back end of last season. He even got us into 6th this term. Then he had that utter meltdown for 10 games that turned us into relegation certainties. A bizarre turn of events. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

 

Course...if we don't thrash Blackburn I'll be wanting him hounded out..

There will be some on here that genuinely will.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Womble Owl said:

If we don't go up this season, we'll win the league next, Mark my words. 

Now now, an air of caution. At the end of last season Jos had us in auto promotion form and blowing teams away. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

That's fair and to be fair to Jos he had auto promotion form at the back end of last season. He even got us into 6th this term. Then he had that utter meltdown for 10 games that turned us into relegation certainties. A bizarre turn of events. 

 

Oh we were sinking when he came. No danger. He saved that season.

Problem is we were sinking when he left too!

Indeed. Very bizarre events. More to come out eventually I'm sure. 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Success, that's winning it. No one remembers the runners up.


Reminds me of this. 11 "honours" are losing, some not even in the final.

C9mrzMkWAAEkN6C.jpg:large

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...