Bruce- Injury news

59 minutes ago, smhouston said:

He's gash. Not rated him in a single game he's played in so far

Please if you are going to slate players get your facts right, bit of a over exaggeration. I don't rate him but he's had at least 2 good games, Forest at home, Cardiff away. 

Don’t get me wrong JVA has been a disastrous signing so far and been poor majority of games he’s played. 

Who knows though, like all in contract players get him fit pre season and let Bruce and the coaching staff evaluate. Then if not in his plans try our best to move on if possible. 

To me a new seasons and especially new managers mean a clean slate. No point writing off assets if things can change and improve. 

3 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Our only hope is we get him fit enough to loan him back to a Dutch team next season.

Not got the physical attributes for this league 

He's got the stature, and could easily add the strength and aggression with some dedicated training.

Plenty of foreign players have taken time to acclimatise to British football before going on to be a success. I'm not suggesting van Aken will do, but it's not impossible.

Van Aken hasn't been a great signing.

But lets be honest here. Bruce has breathed fresh life into a few players.

Fox has hit decent form before his knock and Palmer is playing the best stuff of his career. 

If Van Aken can't learn the centre-halfs trade from Bruce then he'll never learn it.

He's here till 2021. Lets hope that Bruce weaves his magic might end up getting us a bit of value out of the boy. 

You just never know... 

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Van Aken hasn't been a great signing.

But lets be honest here. Bruce has breathed fresh life into a few players.

Fox has hit decent form before his knock and Palmer is playing the best stuff of his career. 

If Van Aken can't learn the centre-halfs trade from Bruce then he'll never learn it.

He's here till 2021. Lets hope that Bruce weaves his magic might end up getting us a bit of value out of the boy. 

You just never know... 

I agree with this, and people must remember that our P&S position come the summer may mean we can't sign up the likes of Hector and therefore, JVA will need to step up.

6 minutes ago, akbuk said:

I see Kieran Lee doesn't get a mention these days ,sad he's more important to us 

To be fair to Bruce he was batting of the questions that were put to him and the hacks seemed to be working their way through a list.

In the end Bruce said something along the lines of 'we could be here all day'. So they eventually moved on to talking about Blackburn etc etc.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

• Joao – 
    He’s had an injection. Lets see if that does the trick. Better news than a week ago when we thought he might need an operation. 

• Winnall – 
    That’s the dilemma I’ve got. He’s come on and played a part. He’s in the reckoning. He’s got goals. Therein lies what I’ve talked about before. He’s a very good striker at this level. But he’s had a horrible injury. But touch wood he’s over that and can have a run in the team.

• Onomah – 
    Won’t be available for Saturday. Might be back for Stoke in a couple of weeks. Be good to see him back. He’s played very well for me. IT’s not gone as well as we’d have liked since he’s been here. But he’s back running. 

• Van Aken-
    Definitely out for the rest of the season. It’s what it is. Injured. It’s plagued the club unfortunately .

Does this mean that Forestieri is no longer injured & available to be picked, or has he "vanished" like so many before him at S6 ??

Just now, Buddy Repperton said:

Does this mean that Forestieri is no longer injured & available to be picked, or has he "vanished" like so many before him at S6 ??

23 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

To be fair to Bruce he was batting of the questions that were put to him and the hacks seemed to be working their way through an entire list of players.

In the end Bruce said something along the lines of 'we could be here all day'. So they eventually moved on to talking about Blackburn etc etc.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Or Forestieri!

Probably nothing much has changed since last week.

Steve Bruce March 8th-:

Fernando  had a scan yesterday. Looks like a slight hamstring strain. Whether that is related is what we're looking at. We don't think so but it's a concern because it keeps happening which is not great. Unfortunately we don't know how long he'll be out for. We'll just have to see and get the scan read properly.

Anyone else we'd say two or three weeks but with Fernando it's an on going problem which we have to deal with. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

What a crock Van Aken is, he's not played since the League Cup game at Sunderland has he? If we can get him off the books in the summer we should.

He's another Abdi