If we win Saturday . . . . . . .

We will be at most 4 points off the playoffs and could be only 1 point away so with only 4 games left at home, interest growing and with an international break should our marketing and financial departments be looking into the viability of selling a 4 game package of tickets to try and get some of the fans back that have stayed away because of high prices and also get Hillsborough rocking to  create an atmosphere to spur the team on in these important games.

With a very high percentage of our home crowds being made up of season ticket holders (my guess about 85% to 90%) I’m sure we’d knock a few thousand out at least, especially with 3 out of the 4 visitors being around us and are also looking for a playoff spot, not to mention being a couple of the biggest teams in the championship with Villa and Forest.  Bank Holiday matches used to attract bigger attendances too (remember nearly 30,000 for the visit of lowly Swindon Town in the Premiership in the 90’s) and so the visit of Bristol City also could be a massive game in the scheme of things and lastly the final game of the season with the not so glamorous Q.P.R but this could be the game that  clinches a playoff spot so again is potentially a massive game.

With the next game being Stoke on 30th March and after payday for most this would give them a 2 week window to push a package with the added bonus that the money will be in the bank before the end of the financial year to maybe help our F.F,P and if things go Pete Tong against Stoke people will already have committed to the 4 match package (terms and conditions should say no refunds once purchased)

Doing this we can still sell tickets to the away fans at whatever price Wednesday have decided where I’d guess Vila and Forest would definitely sell out even at £39 a ticket.

Purchases of this package could also receive priority for any playoff game after season ticket holders and members.

Kop £80

North and Grandstand £100

South £120

How many do people think we’d sell?

• Like 3

What you're forgetting is that there will be some of our season ticket holders arguing that a package like this undermines the value of their season ticket.

Others will argue that they wouldn't have bought membership if they had known about this (and other) deals.

And there will be those complaining that, for various reasons, they can only make it to two of the last four games. Why, they will ask, should I pay just two pounds less for their two games that the bloke next to them does for four (2*£39 vs £80).

Nice try, but the devil, as always, is in the detail.

1 hour ago, owl-zat said:

We will be at most 4 points off the playoffs and could be only 1 point away so with only 4 games left at home, interest growing and with an international break should our marketing and financial departments be looking into the viability of selling a 4 game package of tickets to try and get some of the fans back that have stayed away because of high prices and also get Hillsborough rocking to  create an atmosphere to spur the team on in these important games.

With a very high percentage of our home crowds being made up of season ticket holders (my guess about 85% to 90%) I’m sure we’d knock a few thousand out at least, especially with 3 out of the 4 visitors being around us and are also looking for a playoff spot, not to mention being a couple of the biggest teams in the championship with Villa and Forest.  Bank Holiday matches used to attract bigger attendances too (remember nearly 30,000 for the visit of lowly Swindon Town in the Premiership in the 90’s) and so the visit of Bristol City also could be a massive game in the scheme of things and lastly the final game of the season with the not so glamorous Q.P.R but this could be the game that  clinches a playoff spot so again is potentially a massive game.

With the next game being Stoke on 30th March and after payday for most this would give them a 2 week window to push a package with the added bonus that the money will be in the bank before the end of the financial year to maybe help our F.F,P and if things go Pete Tong against Stoke people will already have committed to the 4 match package (terms and conditions should say no refunds once purchased)

Doing this we can still sell tickets to the away fans at whatever price Wednesday have decided where I’d guess Vila and Forest would definitely sell out even at £39 a ticket.

Purchases of this package could also receive priority for any playoff game after season ticket holders and members.

Kop £80

South £120

Include the play off package too. Let's really go for it.

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

What you're forgetting is that there will be some of our season ticket holders arguing that a package like this undermines the value of their season ticket.

Others will argue that they wouldn't have bought membership if they had known about this (and other) deals.

And there will be those complaining that, for various reasons, they can only make it to two of the last four games. Why, they will ask, should I pay just two pounds less for their two games that the bloke next to them does for four (2*£39 vs £80).

Nice try, but the devil, as always, is in the detail.

Are you one of those “some “ you mention ? , I think it’s a good idea and I for one would take it up but not all fans can be pleased all of the time .As a one off offer i like it 

1 hour ago, Lombado said:

I have a ST but don't mind a cheap end of season package to get a few extra in....

I agree entirely mate. Also a ST holder and don't mind any incentives to get more fans in.

All welcome as far as I'm concerned.

I don't mind fans not going for whatever reason. They are still Wednesday fans.

But I don't see why anyone needs motivating to turn up to an end of season play off push. It's not affordability for most it's cantbearsedability.

10 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

I don't mind fans not going for whatever reason. They are still Wednesday fans.

But I don't see why anyone needs motivating to turn up to an end of season play off push. It's not affordability for most it's cantbearsedability.

Playoff push....you typed that without irony or sarcasm.

Something wonderful is going to happen.

37 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Are you one of those “some “ you mention ? , I think it’s a good idea and I for one would take it up but not all fans can be pleased all of the time .As a one off offer i like it 

No.

Im a season ticket holder and wouldn't care in the least if the last few games were a tenner each. Many would though. In my opinion.

Remember the furore over the weekend only season tickets a few years back when some felt they were missing out? We have a significant fan base that doesn't like their deal being undermined by something better turning up later. You only need a couple making a vocal complaint to make the OP's suggestion "more hassle than it's worth".

2 hours ago, owl-zat said:

Kop £80

South £120

Don’t come in here with your good ideas..