26 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

We were getting 30,000 when playing in big games and challenging for promotion, soon as we do again we will be getting similar gates.

DC is not allowed to subsidise the ticket prices, we had cheap prices for the recent Brentford game, and the gate wasn't that high.  Success is what attracts the fans, Leeds are selling out with similar prices as ours.  

If it was that simple every club would be doing it.

I agree that prices should be looked at again but it's finding that right balance.  If anyone can find the right formula then I'm sure DC would implement it.  Email him.

go to other clubs bar leeds and every one has far cheaper potd and season tickets than us ,Birmingham are in a mess yes because they have a 40 million plus wage bill but they charge far less than us ,some games a tenner or twenty . 

25 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

go to other clubs bar leeds and every one has far cheaper potd and season tickets than us ,Birmingham are in a mess yes because they have a 40 million plus wage bill but they charge far less than us ,some games a tenner or twenty . 

But is it helping them as a club to become solvent?  I would guess not.  And their gates aren't that brilliant not even approaching Villa's or even uniteds

35 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

well my kids come home from school last month with vouchers to get them to watch the pigs for £15 per game and cant remember if it was a fiver or a quid for kids and it was not just for 1 game it was for at least the next 4 , torched them in the incinerator. but it got me wondering why they do so much to get them to go and we do nothing , if its right  what you've heard then the club are listening and it will bring more support in , but they wont come back 

£10 and £5 them lot and not for just one game.... 

52364111_617142022057838_4258733117939908608_n.png?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=d64c8eee08810fe545e9e3c4c5559533&oe=5D0DAB43

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

We were getting 30,000 when playing in big games and challenging for promotion, soon as we do again we will be getting similar gates.

DC is not allowed to subsidise the ticket prices, we had cheap prices for the recent Brentford game, and the gate wasn't that high.  Success is what attracts the fans, Leeds are selling out with similar prices as ours.  

If it was that simple every club would be doing it.

I agree that prices should be looked at again but it's finding that right balance.  If anyone can find the right formula then I'm sure DC would implement it.  Email him.

Don’t use the Brentford game as an example of “DC drops the prices and it makes no difference “.

we had played at home 3 days earlier, it was a Tuesday night in the winter and it was 6 days away from another home game where you needed to take out a second mortgage to buy a ticket.

The prices are ridiculous, it’s driving fans away, and any floating punter in Sheffield is only going to go to one place.

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Don’t use the Brentford game as an example of “DC drops the prices and it makes no difference “.

we had played at home 3 days earlier, it was a Tuesday night in the winter and it was 6 days away from another home game where you needed to take out a second mortgage to buy a ticket.

The prices are ridiculous, it’s driving fans away, and any floating punter in Sheffield is only going to go to one place.

Pog prices aren't that cheap at lane, £33 on kop v Rotherham last week. 

9 hours ago, bradowl said:

£10 and £5 them lot and not for just one game.... 

52364111_617142022057838_4258733117939908608_n.png?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=d64c8eee08810fe545e9e3c4c5559533&oe=5D0DAB43

Their adult fans will still buy kids tickets, even at those prices. 

9 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

24,600 isn't bad in those conditions against such dull opposition.

Worst weather we've had all season, pretty decent numbers today. 

Blackburn fans were very quiet throughout game. 

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Worst weather we've had all season, pretty decent numbers today. 

Blackburn fans were very quiet throughout game. 

Once again SB recognised the support. Thanked us, post match, for turning up in our coats & wellies!

lol

13 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

24,600 isn't bad in those conditions against such dull opposition.

They should be coming to watch Wednesday 

Missing out on an afternoon of exhilaration 

Seeing Big Bruce prowl that technical area is still giving me tingles 

Out of interest, how many did Blackburn bring?

9 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Yeah. you cherry pick your games to make your point, I'll stick to facts.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Yeah. you cherry pick your games to make your point, I'll stick to facts.

You picked the Brentford game as an example.

£39 for the Villa game...that’ll pack em in.

4 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Out of interest, how many did Blackburn bring?

Around 1000 I reckon 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

You picked the Brentford game as an example.

£39 for the Villa game...that’ll pack em in.

Sad as it is but not many will pay that much and rightly so , Villa or not !! . 

Good crowd I thought, 2,000 extra home fans than usual and considering the weather. Fingers crossed we can get a positive result at Stoke, then the Villa game will be huge and possibly biggest crowd of the season so far.

If the tickets had been a tenner cheaper, the attendance would have been closer towards 28k yesterday. 

Its an an absolute rip off. Adult tickets in the North Stand were £36 yeaterday. Yes, to watch us play Blackburn!!! Absolutely ridiculous. It’s a shame because the prices are making other fans underestimate our support.

• Agree 1

If people genuinely can't afford yesterday's game surely they can afford the villa game going every other game must be affordable 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

If people genuinely can't afford yesterday's game surely they can afford the villa game going every other game must be affordable 

If you were at all bothered about supporting the club I would tend to think 1 home game every 3 would be affordable if you can’t get a season ticket. 

I think a lot of us tend to overestimate the interest in the club from a huge amount of “fans” we have. 

The supporters that were there yesterday were magnificent. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, BingleyOwl said:

If the tickets had been a tenner cheaper, the attendance would have been closer towards 28k yesterday. 

Its an an absolute rip off. Adult tickets in the North Stand were £36 yeaterday. Yes, to watch us play Blackburn!!! Absolutely ridiculous. It’s a shame because the prices are making other fans underestimate our support.

Dont get why who we are playing should make a difference - surely you are there to watch Wednesday??