The Play-Off Semi-Finals

Just now, Morepork said:

The policing would no doubt be hardcore. That said, I don't think it would ever resemble an amphibious assault of Cuba. lol

You say that, but i think, Id rather mount an amphibious assault on cuba than go through a playoff double header with utd. 

If this happens (I don’t think it will).

and we beat united over two legs with them having finished 3rd and just missed out on automatic and us 6th I will have completed football and will leave it there happy and contented for the rest of my living days.

Would be hell to go through but on the other hand, that's why we love football isn't it? For the big games? The chance to create lasting memories? 

Unfortunately, or fortunately if your a bit of a wuss, it won't happen. I'd say there's a very good chance they'll go up auto and we will miss out. This view may be reappraised in a week but at the moment that's where I'd be placing my bet.

8 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Would rather play them in a 2 leg semi

Could you imagine losing to your bitter rivals at Wembly! It would scar you for life. LOL 

Yeah losing to your rivals and Wembley must be awful

:Sid:

Can you imagine if they went up automatic, the gloating that would go on. Only for us to join them a couple of weeks later after our worst season in years. Would still rather beat them in the play offs though. Would make mind the gap year look like a freak result. 

SYP would bleat on about it being the most expensive match to police by insisting on 1:1 policing. Tickets would also be £100 as we have to pay for our personal policeman's seat...

...and with all that in place they would still feck it up.

12 hours ago, ka58 said:

If this happens (I don’t think it will).

and we beat united over two legs with them having finished 3rd and just missed out on automatic and us 6th I will have completed football and will leave it there happy and contented for the rest of my living days.

It would push Wilder over the edge. :Sid: