Owls v Blackburn Team

Winnall is no where near ready to start. Saying he was a bit leggy last night was being very kind to him. Nuihu did'nt do much wrong last night to be fair to him and even though he's no where good enough but with our predicament with forwards i would start him again.

Bl00dy typical that Joao's injured when this could have been his opportunity to have strung a few games together and maybe got some consistency to his game.

• Haha 1

Nuhiu did not have good hame but played crucial part in first goal it was his pass to Bannan that helped enable goal. It was a good goal many lots of players involved

We went with two big guys as Bolton are aerial team I have no idea how Blackburn will set up but think team will be selected to exploit opposition or counter any threat they have. 

Guest LittleG
4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm not sure two big lads up top works as a rule...

However I've more than a suspicion that Bruce put Nuhiu and Fletch in to try and fight fire with fire and also with one eye on defending aerial set pieces into our box. Esepcially with Parkinsons teams style and that raging wind. 

And fair play to him because that worked. 

Could be argued it worked at both ends with Nuhiu playing a vital part in our opening goal dropping into that space to recieve and creating the space for Bannan to drive into with that lovely little ball around th corner.

You could be right about the tactical aspect last night; playing 2 big men to counter Boltons approach. Just think we don't need the same tactics against Blackburn and hope we have someone more mobile available

1 hour ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Radical thought time alert.

Start Fox at left back, Palmer in an advanced role on the right with Aarons working further forward off Fletcher. Any thoughts on the idea?

Hi Carlos. Put that shoehorn down before you do us some damage.

Dont touch the defence.

Dont touch the midfield.

10 shirts and positions are nailed on and rightly so. It’s just a question of who plays as Fletcher’s partner Saturday surely. 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Hi Carlos. Put that shoehorn down before you do us some damage.

Dont touch the defence.

Dont touch the midfield.

10 shirts and positions are nailed on and rightly so. It’s just a question of who plays as Fletcher’s partner Saturday surely. 

Half fit Winnal or  Atdhe Nuhui it is then, not a kid with pace and a trick whose shooting seemed okay last night?

4 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Half fit Winnal or  Atdhe Nuhui it is then, not a kid with pace and a trick whose shooting seemed okay last night?

Hes playing well wide. Seems daft to change it. 

6 hours ago, Plonk said:

I’m guessing quite a few of you weren’t there last night. I love big Dave’s effort but he really isn’t the answer. Winnall had twenty five mins and although he did well by the end he was running in concrete. No way is he ready to play 90 mins. I’m hoping ff or joaoa are fit for Saturday. Mathias has hAd so many chances and failed to impress. 

Lets work with the players who who will be here next season.

It was on the red button mate

10 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Seems odd that we've only one fit striker who deserves a starting place doesn't it?

Thats what others are saying, because it’s Nuhiu.

I would be happy with either Nuhiu or Matias alongside Fletcher. Or Winnall when ready.

13 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Interesting that Fletcher’s omission from the Scotland squad is apparently due to him managing an injury. Vital he stays fit.

Saw this.

He appears to have a knee problem but never quite sure as he can limp to order.

The view from Scotland is that the artificial pitch they are due to play on wouldn’t help the injury.

Think this is an advantage of having Bruce again, Mcleish knows him and trusts what he says 

Edited by oldishowl

5 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Radical thought time alert.

Start Fox at left back, Palmer in an advanced role on the right with Aarons working further forward off Fletcher. Any thoughts on the idea?

Anything that means Dave doesn’t get on the pitch, I’m for 

Still haven’t forgiven him for his pre match warm up earlier this season and never will.

He’s a joke of a pro and a shiiite footballer who decides when he wants to ‘play’