Owls v Blackburn Team

Westwood

Iofra      Hector      Lees         Palmer

Reach        Hutchinson  Bannan       Aarons

Fletcher     Matias 

Winnall not quiet ready yet but would bring him on for Matias

I wouldn't mind seeing that team out there. See what they could do.

At the moment it's got a nice balance and the key thing is finding the best possible partner for Fletcher.

Winnall has impressed but Bruce made comment about Winnall being a bit heavy legged after running himself to the ground in his outings and I suspect he's going to be careful with him.

Matias and Fletcher might work if Matias can gamble off him like he was doing in the Cup with Nuhiu last season.

Same side that started last night.

Why drop Nuhiu, give him another chance with Fletcher, look at changing it after 60/70 ish minutes if its not working where you could change the front 2 to Winnall & Matias who are totally opposites, a mobile pair of strikers that come on for a hopefully battered pair of defenders.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
17 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Westwood

Iofra      Hector      Lees         Palmer

Reach        Hutchinson  Bannan       Aarons

Fletcher     Matias 

Winnall not quiet ready yet but would bring him on for Matias

Agreed. Hope Winnall is ready though. Two week break after this one remember!!

Guest LittleG
25 minutes ago, savi said:

Why drop Nuhiu, give him another chance with Fletcher, look at changing it after 60/70 ish minutes if its not working where you could change the front 2 to Winnall & Matias who are totally opposites, a mobile pair of strikers that come on for a hopefully battered pair of defenders.

Why drop Nuihu - cos he was pretty awful last night. We also need a bit more mobility from someone playing along side Fletcher.

34 minutes ago, savi said:

7 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Why drop Nuihu - cos he was pretty awful last night. We also need a bit more mobility from someone playing along side Fletcher.

I'm not sure two big lads up top works as a rule...

However I've more than a suspicion that Bruce put Nuhiu and Fletch in to try and fight fire with fire and also with one eye on defending aerial set pieces into our box. Esepcially with Parkinsons teams style and that raging wind. 

And fair play to him because that worked. 

Could be argued it worked at both ends with Nuhiu playing a vital part in our opening goal dropping into that space to recieve and creating the space for Bannan to drive into with that lovely little ball around th corner.

Edited by Lord Snooty

Same 11 to start for me.

Matias has had chances and disappointed.

Ditto Boyd. And we need to be more attacking anyway.

Winnall still isn't ready for more than 30-45 minutes.

I keep reading about how players are better after a run of game: Palmer, now Fletcher, and Nuhiu this time last year. Let's see how Nuhiu does over a few games under Bruce.

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm not sure two big lads up top works as a rule...

However I've more than a suspicion that Bruce put Nuhiu and Fletch in to try and fight fire with fire and also with one eye on defending aerial set pieces into our box. Esepcially with Parkinsons teams style and that raging wind. 

And fair play to him because that worked. 

Could be argued it worked at both ends with Nuhiu playing a vital part in our opening goal dropping into that space to recieve and creating the space for Bannan to drive into with that lovely little ball around th corner.

I’d like to see Fletcher and Nuhiu together in a home match where we play more on the front foot.

Nuhiu didn’t do too much in an attacking sense, other than assisting Bannan’s assist for the first goal, but worth another try.

In theory they should create gaps for the midfielders as both tend to draw two defenders to themselves.

Bring Winnall on in second half again against tiring defenders and continue getting him up to speed for the run in.

I’m guessing quite a few of you weren’t there last night. I love big Dave’s effort but he really isn’t the answer. Winnall had twenty five mins and although he did well by the end he was running in concrete. No way is he ready to play 90 mins. I’m hoping ff or joaoa are fit for Saturday. Mathias has hAd so many chances and failed to impress. 

Lets work with the players who who will be here next season.

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I’m guessing quite a few of you weren’t there last night. I love big Dave’s effort but he really isn’t the answer. Winnall had twenty five mins and although he did well by the end he was running in concrete. No way is he ready to play 90 mins. I’m hoping ff or joaoa are fit for Saturday. Mathias has hAd so many chances and failed to impress. 

Lets work with the players who who will be here next season.

That's key.

Making sure we don't risk injury set backs to players who will be here.

Just now, owlZfan84 said:

Hooper not being played in the U23's today.

I wonder if that means he's in the squad at the weekend?

If he's looking sharp in training maybe he's going to get a bench spot.

Or else he's feeling the burn and they don't want him to risk set back.