Tonights fixtures...

We can't do owt about other teams. We have points on the board though, they don't. Even if every result goes against us tonight we'll be 6 points off 6th place. That's hardly the end of the season with 9 games to go and teams around us to play. 

Deep down I know it's the longest of long shots, but after the season we've had we owe it to ourselves to believe and have some fun. 

3 hours ago, Rogers said:

Some big games. 

What scores do we want?

Villa vs Forest - Draw

Boring vs Preston - Preston

Derby vs Stoke - Stoke

Brum vs Millwall - Millwall

Norwich vs Hull - Norwich

West Brom vs Swansea - Swansea

Draws all round

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rogers said:

Some big games. 

What scores do we want?

Villa vs Forest - Draw

Boring vs Preston - Preston

Derby vs Stoke - Stoke

Brum vs Millwall - Millwall

Norwich vs Hull - Norwich

West Brom vs Swansea - Swansea

Why do you want Preston and Swansea to win?

Swansea can pass us with their games in hand. Preston will with a win.

Its ok to be optimistic, but do you really think we can challenge for 4th or 5th?

We need those chasing 6th to drop points: losses for Preston, Swansea, Hull, Brum, Derby. And a draw in the other.

Edited by Tamworthowl
  • Thanks 1

Deffo a Boro & Brom win, like Tamworth says we need teams in and around us to drop points, we have to target 6th place, 4th & 5th is well beyond us.

Personally from those fixtures i see Draw, Draw, Draw, Brum, Norwich & Draw.

19 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

We’re in an ideal position as there’s no pressure whatsoever on us. Same can’t be said for the teams who have been around the play offs all season 

Let’s just enjoy it 

Not sure about that.....those around 6th can probably afford to lose a couple ,a luxury we can't afford ....when it's win or bust every game especially when they know the consequences if we don't go up the pressure must be building with every game they play....

To be three points off the play offs after the season we have had under Jos is amazing and something none of us ever expected.  If we make the play offs or not , Bruce has totally transformed us and we have plenty to be positive about for next season.

44 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Not sure about that.....those around 6th can probably afford to lose a couple ,a luxury we can't afford ....when it's win or bust every game especially when they know the consequences if we don't go up the pressure must be building with every game they play....

My only hesitation is whether we’ll have the firepower to make it 

I think we’ll drop points due to this which will see us finish just short 

Here’s hoping though! 

3 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

Why do you want Preston and Swansea to win?

Swansea can pass us with their games in hand. Preston will with a win.

Its ok to be optimistic, but do you really think we can challenge for 4th or 5th?

We need those chasing 6th to drop points: losses for Preston, Swansea, Hull, Brum, Derby. And a draw in the other.

This!!!

3 hours ago, jerseyowl said:

The only teams worth worrying about are the Derby and Forest games, they are the only 2 that can increase the gap to a play off spot. 

Sorry, but can't agree with that.

Ok, so only Derby and Forest can increase the gap - tonight. But if we were, somehow, to finish 6th, every team down to Swansea will need to drop points. And if we fail to win all our next nine games, they'll need to drop some more. So why not start with dropping a few points tonight. 

And if we don't make 6th place, I'd like to think we could finish as high as possible. So defeats for Swansea, Hull, Brum etc.

There's a lot of variables tonight. At the end of it though the worst off we'll be is 6 points off the playoffs. That stat alone is enough to make me laugh after the season we've had. It's been absolutely mental. A draw here and there tonight might be best, especially the teams just above and below us. Basically until it starts and games start to pan out its hard to gauge what we want to happen. Damage limitation will do.