Michael Hector

14 hours ago, Morepork said:

I see the Hector situation as being similar to when we signed Bannan. Money talks but I think sometimes players who suddenly feel appreciated, valued, settled and working with the right manager do see things a little differently. I certainly don’t see this as a pipe dream by any means.

I don't think its a pipe dream either, I just don't think we will realistically be able afford him that's all.

While he wont get into Chelsea's side, he will have options galore in this division in the summer. I have no idea what he's on at Chelsea, but id imagine its easy £35k per week or upwards and we cant afford that with FFP hanging over us.

Best case for us is probably a season long loan, although like you say, if he feels settled and Chelsea will let him go for nowt, we might be able to twist his arm to take a pay cut and join HMS PTL 2019/2020.

The big issue we face is if we are put under embargo. I believe it goes on a one in and one out basis with max £10k per week wages. I also seem to remember hearing there's a maximum squad size permitted of 24 players only...... I may have dreamed that bit however.

3 minutes ago, OwlinOldham said:

I don't think its a pipe dream either, I just don't think we will realistically be able afford him that's all.

While he wont get into Chelsea's side, he will have options galore in this division in the summer. I have no idea what he's on at Chelsea, but id imagine its easy £35k per week or upwards and we cant afford that with FFP hanging over us.

Best case for us is probably a season long loan, although like you say, if he feels settled and Chelsea will let him go for nowt, we might be able to twist his arm to take a pay cut and join HMS PTL 2019/2020.

The big issue we face is if we are put under embargo. I believe it goes on a one in and one out basis with max £10k per week wages. I also seem to remember hearing there's a maximum squad size permitted of 24 players only...... I may have dreamed that bit however.

Thought he’s out of contract in the summer? Either way it’s amazing that we now have a really solid looking back four. Lees and hector making a great pairing. Just shows when you have a good managergood things happen 

17 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Thought he’s out of contract in the summer? Either way it’s amazing that we now have a really solid looking back four. Lees and hector making a great pairing. Just shows when you have a good managergood things happen 

Wasn't aware of that if true, still think his wages could be a real stumbling block though.

After his performances for us this season, he can have his pick of teams in this league next year and command decent wages from any team with parachute payments.

As @Morepork said, he might want to come and take a wage cut and play for a team where he's appreciated and hopefully settled. I hope that's the case, but I worry money will talk more than anything else.