Michael Hector

See why Chelsea paid a good wedge for him. He is a quality defender and reads the game so well, A cut above most at this level and performs to that standard 9 out of every 10 games. We need to try and bring him in for next season and if at all possible but I am sure SB will be all over this.

Sadly no way we can afford him after his loan is up. Even on a free transfer, he would surely be on more than our current top earners coming from Chelsea. We can hope that he would take a wage cut and that Chelsea would release him, but he would walk into almost any team in the division, including those with parachute money for wages. 

Might be worth trying for a season long next season if we cant get him permanently. Hopefully he feels settled here. 

24 minutes ago, OwlinOldham said:

Sadly no way we can afford him after his loan is up. Even on a free transfer, he would surely be on more than our current top earners coming from Chelsea. We can hope that he would take a wage cut and that Chelsea would release him, but he would walk into almost any team in the division, including those with parachute money for wages. 

Might be worth trying for a season long next season if we cant get him permanently. Hopefully he feels settled here. 

I see the Hector situation as being similar to when we signed Bannan. Money talks but I think sometimes players who suddenly feel appreciated, valued, settled and working with the right manager do see things a little differently. I certainly don’t see this as a pipe dream by any means.

2 hours ago, The Captain said:

Jos Luhukay did two very good things at Wednesday:

1. He signed Michael Hector.

2. He f*cked off.

Well yes but did not do the second one quick enough. Four weeks earlier and we would have been certs for play offs.

He's clearly enjoying his football here especially now under Bruce where we're not consistently rotating everyone in and out. A settled side breeds confidence and continuity. It also means once your in you need to play well to keep the shirt or someone else comes in and does well you've got to put more effort in to displace them. 

He fits in well here and is definitely the sort of player Bruce likes in his sides, strong, quick, big and physical, so fingers crossed a deal can be reached at the end of the season becouse I have no doubt Bruce will be doing all he can to sort a deal out. 

9 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

It really isn’t mate 

He’s an excellent defender - but he’s launched passes left right and centre out of play all season, not just tonight

Just clean up, slot it into Hutch and bannan - easy

You’re talking rubbish mate, no way am I believing that, or you’ve got selective memory 

There's gonna be a bit of a quandry for Hector this summer ..

a) stay at chelsea and be farmed out on loan (possibly to us or maybe someone in the premiership) before being following year

b) stay at chelsea and just train and play in the reserves

c) try and look to move (to us ideally!)

4 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

There's gonna be a bit of a quandry for Hector this summer ..

a) stay at chelsea and be farmed out on loan (possibly to us or maybe someone in the premiership) before being following year

b) stay at chelsea and just train and play in the reserves

c) try and look to move (to us ideally!)

They’ll be a lot of clubs queuing for his signature believe you me, perhaps even lower prem clubs 

We’ll do well to see him again after this season 

Could be a revelation if Bruce can get in some better attacking players. He is capable of bringing the ball out of defence and producing long raking passes for quick moving front players We must do all we can to secure him

46 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

Still makes me feel like he has a mistake in him every game, but strength, reading of the game and composure all great. Sign if we can afford.

That’s just his laidback Jamaican roots, he knows what he’s doing 

Edited by FreshOwl