Bolton chairman’s statement

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/march/a-note-from-the-chairman2/

two hpues ago on their website has confirmed all their outstanding salaries to coaches and senior pros have been paid 

does this lift them or has the damage been done?

does anyone know if they carried on training or not and has this disrupted preparation for us?

cant help but thinking they will be up for it even more now they’ve been paid. Threatening to do something like strike when I’m sure none of them wanted to and  thought it was the only option or acting as a team on the matter to now not having an excuse they might turn up with real fire in their belly’s tonight?

still there in the relegation zone I’d be dissapointed with anything less than a win lets keep kicking on and putting the pressure on other teams to win to keep those play off spot a live 

WAWAW 

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/march/a-note-from-the-chairman2/

two hpues ago on their website has confirmed all their outstanding salaries to coaches and senior pros have been paid 

does this lift them or has the damage been done?

does anyone know if they carried on training or not and has this disrupted preparation for us?

cant help but thinking they will be up for it even more now they’ve been paid. Threatening to do something like strike when I’m sure none of them wanted to and  thought it was the only option or acting as a team on the matter to now not having an excuse they might turn up with real fire in their belly’s tonight?

still there in the relegation zone I’d be dissapointed with anything less than a win lets keep kicking on and putting the pressure on other teams to win to keep those play off spot a live 

WAWAW 

Well they beat Millwall on Saturday without being paid..don’t think it matters, their players are playing for new clubs or against relegation or both. 

And they always beat us

Edited by Rogers

If I was to apply cod psychology to this situation, having absolutely no experience as either a football manager or football player so read into that what you will, I would say that before they got paid they would be fired up to prove a point but now they’ll relax a bit more and take their eye off the proverbial ball.

4-1 The Wednesday

21 minutes ago, Sonny said:

If I was to apply cod psychology to this situation, having absolutely no experience as either a football manager or football player so read into that what you will, I would say that before they got paid they would be fired up to prove a point but now they’ll relax a bit more and take their eye off the proverbial ball.

4-1 The Wednesday

Do sea fish actually have psychology??? 

Who's done the research?? 

I though cod just swam around trying to evade capture?? 

30 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

If we're remotely hoping Bolton players not getting paid gives us a better chance of a result then we have hit a new low lads...

Is it also wrong to hope that Birmingham have a points deduction so that we have a better chance of making the playoffs?

:duntmatter:

I'm pretty confident a football player isn't going to be too concerned about not being payed on time.

Now the rest of the staff?  That's a different matter and I hope they had been prioritised to keep food in their kids mouths for those who live paycheck to paycheck, because some of them will be minimum wage and going a few weeks without being paid will cause major concern to a few of them.

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

We should have more than enough to get 3 points either way. 

Siege mentality when you are up against it mate. 

Us against the world - they may all come out collectively fighting and that could be dangerous to us.

1 minute ago, HarryPlopper said:

Siege mentality when you are up against it mate. 

Us against the world - they may all come out collectively fighting and that could be dangerous to us.

Whilst I agree I believe they have been in a mess for a while now and still find themselves 2nd from bottom so hasn’t worked that well so far for them. I just want us to win :-)

41 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Do sea fish actually have psychology??? 

Who's done the research?? 

I though cod just swam around trying to evade capture?? 

They are very simple creatures, I admit that, but for some reason they have very strong opinions on football player motivations. Nature is often weird and wonderful.

• Like 1