Bolton -V-Wednesday OMDT

Just nice to have that bit of confidence in the side again. 

It had all but vanished for 18 months and now it's very much back. 

Great win tonight, but I've also been encouraged by the effort and levels of commitment since Jos buggered off. We showed plenty of graft and hard work in those games against United and Derby. Tonight we showed our superior quality and deservedly won. 

• Like 1

I've always liked Winnall...he keeps their defenders on the move and opens gaps for others... like owlerton ghost.. he's always sniffing round the box...if the team are on song and he's fully fit .. I can see him knocking goals in...he looks hungry now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I've always liked Winnall...he keeps their defenders on the move and opens gaps for others... like owlerton ghost.. he's always sniffing round the box...if the team are on song and he's fully fit .. I can see him knocking goals in...he looks hungry now.

Hopefully, he scores more than OG.... lolI agree though and he's got plenty of improvement in him over the next few weeks. 

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Just nice to have that bit of confidence in the side again. 

It had all but vanished for 18 months and now it's very much back. 

Great win tonight, but I've also been encouraged by the effort and levels of commitment since Jos buggered off. We showed plenty of graft and hard work in those games against United and Derby. Tonight we showed our superior quality and deservedly won. 

Exactly, it's not that long ago that I literally couldn't see where our next point was coming from let alone wins.

55 minutes ago, grandpaowl said:

Keeps us in the hunt though.

Blades won that game because Brentford were dire in the final third 

EXACTLY what they did against us - pass pass pass, it’s like watching a 3rd rate Arsenal. 

Sometimes you need a plan B and have to go for it - they could’ve had double the amount of shots they had last night but decided to square it off every time

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Blades won that game because Brentford were dire in the final third 

EXACTLY what they did against us - pass pass pass, it’s like watching a 3rd rate Arsenal. 

Sometimes you need a plan B and have to go for it - they could’ve had double the amount of shots they had last night but decided to square it off every time

They also won it because they went to try and win it, not hold on to a 1 goal lead.

Say what you want about Mardiola, but he took a defender off and replaced him with an attacker.