Bolton -V-Wednesday OMDT

4 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Another team that on paper are turbo shuffle that we continue to struggle against. Hopefully that will change tonight. Play well and we could see more than one goal scored; woooooo! UTO’s

Is that the swear filter ?

Or an "Airborne word"...

:Sid: 

• Like 2

Not liking the look of a) this fixture b) the God awful weather c) Gina d) the pool team captain or e) a flat roofed pub anywhere on the planet. Apart from all the aforementioned omens we can do this...come on you blue and white variegated wizaaards!!!

It’ll be an interesting line up for the owls toneet, expecting Dave and Winnall to be honest or maybe just Dave trundling around pressurising their defence from a safe distance...still we have a top defence at the moment so can’t see us conceding. Nailed on 0 - 0. Only winner will be the weather, hope all going over the Pennines survive a) the trip b) the language barrier and c) the pies. 

Apologies for overuse of letters and brackets but got to keep practising me alphabet, guzinters and tekaways.

Top thread as always Snoots “my dear old thing”  (I always read them with the voice of Henry Blofeld in my head). Think we should have a special Henry emoji to use when responding to the OMDT. Anyone?:rolleyes:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sternlad said:

expecting Dave and Winnall to be honest 

You know, that might not be such a bad thing.

It's a tough away fixture. Couple of half decent sized units up top ready for scrabbling about and battling in the mud might be what's needed. Especially as Bolton will make it a scrap. 

As the late, great dark sorcerer the Baròn de Bèlleme once said 

"Fire must be fought with fire"

simon.bmp

Then again. He's been dead this last 900 years and tactics may have moved on since then. .  But I'm not saying that out loud. Just in case his malevolent spirit can hear me. So just to cover my own back.

"442 my liege,  get it to the bustling lads in the mixer"

14 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Good thread as ever. We'll be 8 nil up with 10 to play, then Trotters players will all trot off in protest and we will be downgraded to a 3 nil default win instead. It's the Wednesday way.

Up the Owls. 

Typical Wednesday and their 8-0 becomes 3-0 jinx :rolleyes:

0-0 FT

Guest The Horse

Hopefully Bolton's (rightfully) grumpy players will wake up this morning, see the weather and think fizz that.

'If they think I'm playing for nothing in this weather, they can fizz right off. I'm staying in bed.'

I think I would!

1 hour ago, striker said:

No disrespect intended, but a game we should win comfortably, Bolton are dogshit

That said we've got no fit strikers, their off field problems could galvsnise or demoralise them. A good start and early goal could see their heads drop. 

Torn between 0-0 and a 0-2 win, let's be positive and go for the latter.

No disrespect intended... Bolton are dogshit! that made me laugh more than it should. 

Score early and we win comfortably. But midweek away at Bolton in a game we should win, i have seen this script before.

Im going for the early goal and a 2-0 win for the Owls.  

M'lud, I fear Stubbs will be whispering in your ear that you have an aberrant apostrophe.

Injuries, once again, beyond a joke, and I can see us struggling.

Sympathy for Bolton limited by the way their scumbag ex-chairman sought to pull up the drawbridge. But yes, modern football. Ghastly beyond words.

Snooty I just love the way you brought flat roofed boozers into your piece on Bolton.

New stadia like the Bolton one are as much like real football grounds as flat roofed boozers are to welcoming old pubs.

Sets the scene nicely ...although very little to do with tonight’s game.....

Even if Bolton players turn up.

Quality omdt as per. This is the one, regarding a p off place. There, on the map, p off! Post Office! Doesn't say Bost Office does it?

Derby wasn't must win, too difficult. Tonight's is. No excuses. Our players & manager are better. Get an early goal, keep on top of them, dictate the match. Brucey can & will change things, that's for sure.

Win, win, win. nothing else matters. Leaving at 5pm. Either in a Q over Woodhead or on M62. Deep joy.

UTO.

9 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

"Of course Gina is there Stubbs. He's took her along. Met her on the corner near the bookies. That's what I'm saying. He's got the look of that sort."

"I'm afraid I don't follow ,Sir. Who's Gina?"

"She's the bit of fluff on the side in this scenario! .Some rough scrumpet. But that's not the point"

"If i may be so bold Sir, 1hat is the point?"

"That Parkinson has that look! The look of the bloke who sinks the black, knocks back the half bottle of Budweiser he's been drinking and smirks across the table at you. While his fancy piece sidles up and puts her arm around his waist"

"Have you been on the cheese again Sir?"

"You don't understand these things Stubbs. but the readers of this section will  know what all too well I'm on about. Namely that we shouldn't expect anything tomorrow other than a tough game and more than likely a  defeat that might seem unthinkable to the rest of the footballing World but not to us."

"Well I  hope everyone else is more positive than you then Sir"

Looks like you could be right Snoots old chap. I've just been on a spying mission and Gina is there already.

gina_2467948b.jpg

• Like 1