League Position.

53 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

and another point and were safe from relegation........:ph34r:

47 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

That's how i see it.

40 years of being a wednesday fan conditions you that way

40 years of being a Wednesday fan and you think that 1 more point is enough? Not buying it.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, WAWAW said:

What a waste of a season it looks like being. The Division is that bad this season we've only needed to do a little bit more to have been in the thick of it. Even if we could have traded the recent run of draws evenly for wins and losses would have had us there or there abouts ***. Jos what was the thinking. ***

you mean  what was chansiri thinking ???

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately April looks an absolute killer

Villa, Forest, Leeds, Norwich, Bristol City, Preston

All either going for automatic or have a good chance of the play offs

I think we’ll end up top 10 which will be some achievement from where we were in November. Let’s have a real go next season 

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

That's how i see it.

40 years of being a wednesday fan conditions you that way

Know exactly what you mean. Started going in 1969 when ManC did their best to lose the game to us in our last match of that season

2 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

Know exactly what you mean. Started going in 1969 when ManC did their best to lose the game to us in our last match of that season

Like getting relegated with a number of points that would have been enough every year prior to that..

Qualifying for Europe only for English teams to get banned that following season..

Peter Shilton getting beat from 50 yards...

If only we had sacked Jo’s after the QPR debacle. Think we could have made top six. Now we are very hard to beat and it would be nice to get through the remaining games unbeaten but we don’t have a prolific striker who can turn draws into wins. Hopefully SB will address that in the summer

20 minutes ago, Plonk said:

If only we had sacked Jo’s after the QPR debacle. Think we could have made top six. Now we are very hard to beat and it would be nice to get through the remaining games unbeaten but we don’t have a prolific striker who can turn draws into wins. Hopefully SB will address that in the summer

We wouldn't have got Bruce at that time though - if going down the "experienced Championship manager" route we'd probably have ended up with Paul Lambert!

Chansiri didn't seem to have any intention of sacking Jos regardless of results and performances until he finally realised at the December fans forum how strongly we felt about it.

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Chansiri didn't seem to have any intention of sacking Jos regardless of results and performances until he finally realised at the December fans forum how strongly we felt about it.

He had been in talks with Bruce for weeks before that, though. The problem was he couldn't get Bruce in December, and I think was hoping Jos would keep things ticking over for a few more weeks. Obviously that wasn't happening and he had to bring everything forward and put Bruce's assistants in charge.

Top six, believe!!!!!

We can overtake two of the sides above us when we beat them.

We close to 1 or two points of two of the others when we beat them.

We can afford to lose to Dirty Leeds and Norwich (just to fuckup the Blunts)

And still do it

Let's not be negative lads.

It's on!!!!!

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I think we’ll end up top 10 which will be some achievement from where we were in November. Let’s have a real go next season 

...but there also lies our opportunity. They’re all teams that we need to take points from. We can’t take the points from them if we don’t play them. 

10 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Top six, believe!!!!!

We can overtake two of the sides above us when we beat them.

We close to 1 or two points of two of the others when we beat them.

We can afford to lose to Dirty Leeds and Norwich (just to fuckup the Blunts)

And still do it

Let's not be negative lads.

It's on!!!!!

My sentiments exactly!  Well said. 

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

I think we’ll do a lot better in April than many on here think. FFS we’ve lost once in 14 games, let them worry about us because they should do, the pressures all on them.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

7 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think we’ll do a lot better in April than many on here think. FFS we’ve lost once in 14 games, let them worry about us because they should do, the pressures all on them.

Come on! Yes! Get in! That’s what we want to hear!  Well said!!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

I don’t necessarily agree that it will take a couple of years to build towards the top 6 again, which seems to be the general consensus. A settled and consistent back line in particular has seen us in top 6 form for a third of a season. 7 or 8 leaving at the end of season plus the re-signing of Westwood, contract to Hector and 3 or 4 astute loans/full transfers gives us a top 6 side. A better injury record and PACE is the key.

Have to say I agree with this. With Bruce in charge we have shown we can hit promotion form. With a summer of wheeling and dealing we can hit the ground running. We may not have a lot of cash available but SB will have contacts that open doors to good young loanees. Seems to me he has worked out we were crying out for pace and brought in players with this attribute. Could be we are not that far off challenging for the playoffs at least next year. The other bonus is teams coming down could be Cardiff Huddersfield and Fulham sides who arent run on massive budgets and wont be awash with money.

3 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Since he's come In look how easy it's been to climb up the table, that's him working with what he's been given , after a good preseason of wheeling and dealing he will have a bigger foothold in the team, can't wait for next season now:biggrin:

On 1st Feb when he started you were 17th, you're now 14th. You were 17th when Jos was sacked too.

When you consider how good a run you've been on since Bullen took over then Bruce and the others, if anything it shows how DIFFICULT it is to climb the table. Over the last 10 games, you are 7th in the form guide with only Brentford & PNE bettering you (that aren't in the top 6).

You've managed to cut the gap to the top 6 down significantly (12pts a on 1st Feb, 6pts now).

Quick calculation - if the teams 6th to 15th repeat their previous 10 again now for the run in, the positions would be as follows.

1. .
  2. .
  3. .
  4. .
  5. .
  6. Bristol C - 73pts 
  7. PNE - 73
  8. Brentford - 71
  9. Derby - 67
  10. Forest - 67
  11. Wednesday - 66
  12. Hull - 64
  13. Villa - 67
  14. Swans - 61
  15. Birmingham - 61

Of course you can predict the future using the past but, quite interesting

Edited by Class of 91

If you use a more accurate CURRENT FORM of the previous 6 games and project that average points per game forward over the next 10 games you'd end up with...

1. .
  2. .
  3. .
  4. .
  5. PNE - 74
  6. Middlesbrough - 71
  7. Bristol C - 71
  8. Forest - 71
  9. Brentford - 69
  10. Wednesday - 66
  11. Villa - 64
  12. Derby - 63