When owls fans go insane

Seemingly prompted by nothing of particular note, a lad I used to go to school with completely lost it during the second half of yet another drab home defeat in the post-Premier League relegation years, and switched allegiance there and then, declaring: 'Right, that's it! I don't want to watch this poo any longer...I'm going to support Tottenham!'

Apparently his grandad was a Spurs fan and he'd had enough of his ceaseless ribbing.

All a bit weird, though.

• Haha 1

I used to lose my shiit most home games in the early 00’s when I sat with my dad in the family stand 

I was only a young buck but would hurl abuse at every opportunity when things weren’t going to plan, which was virtually every game 

I’d boot the seat in front of me (which was occupied) and my dad would always threaten to take me home at half time if I didn’t clean up my act

You never got a word out of me second half 

Edited by FreshOwl

My son has learning difficullties but is normally very placid even though he fully enjoys his football from his seat behind the goal on the Kop.

Can't remember the game other than it was a few years ago, but there was a lull in proceedings and it all went a bit quiet whilst one of the opposition was receiving treatment on the field in front of the Kop for a serious injury, watched over by the referee.

Without prompting, my son then stood up, pointed angrily and shouted at full volume "Leave him to DIE, referee!!!" scaring the pants off everyone in earshot.

Not sure where he got that from but the folks three or four rows in front of us certainly felt a chill with that out-of-character outburst.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

My son has learning difficullties but is normally very placid even though he fully enjoys his football from his seat behind the goal on the Kop.

Can't remember the game other than it was a few years ago, but there was a lull in proceedings and it all went a bit quiet whilst one of the opposition was receiving treatment on the field in front of the Kop for a serious injury, watched over by the referee.

Without prompting, my son then stood up, pointed angrily and shouted at full volume "Leave him to DIE, referee!!!" scaring the pants off everyone in earshot.

Not sure where he got that from but the folks three or four rows in front of us certainly felt a chill with that out-of-character outburst.

I've clicked the laugh icon on that. Sorry but it proper tickled me. Don't want to cause offence but I think I'd wet mesen if I heard that, regardless of who had shouted it. Proper dark that.