Jump to content


Recommended Posts

high blood pressure heart attack material

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


17 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

It's the quiet ones you've got to watch!

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Seen it happen once...The thread about expectations reminded me.

I'm not talking about throwing a mental when we score, but the drip drip drip of crapitude that eventually sends you over the top.

When the Kop was first allseater , about 3 of us bought a season ticket together, and you end up at with the same group as you renew..blokes behind you, in front of you etc..over a season nyou get on nodding terms, then chat and sorta get to know one another....

We were sat behind a bloke called Peter..reight nice mellow bloke...He actually gave me mate a telescope after he had mentioned he was getting into astronomy..for nowt!

Gave him all sorts of advice on how to callibrate it..chatted meteorotes...all sorts.

What I'm going on about is..He was intelligent, he came across as such , clapped , didn't jump about when we scored..

Then one Saturday, during one of our bad spells, I honestly can't remember the season, nor the game...

He went absolutely f.ookin' batsh *t mental!

Wednesday let a daft goal in against some bugger or other..We sat there just mutterin' FFS! ..Peter went berserk...He jumped into the aisle..he started more or less bitin' through his season ticket and his language was horrific...

It went..and I paraphrase

"Thats It..You set of fookin' fookers, you can't ba*tard pass, you can't f.ookin' defend, you can't f.ookin' shoot...Thats me f.ookin' done!!!

 

and he just left

 

He came back the following home game and actually apologised for his behaviour...

 

He wasn't there the following season...

 

They taste orrible those season tickets too.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, JOCOWl said:

I think you're talking out of Uranus....Sorry,  I'll get my coat. 

Get your coat, pack your bags, put your house up for sale & move to Norwich &  join Norwichmad, where your humour belongs. 

Edited by Colinwestzicoest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a bloke who used to sit behind me on the North who was probably the most foul-mouthed man I've ever heard. The chief object of his ire was James O'Connor, and every week as soon as his valiant but skill-free efforts came to nothing for the first of the inevitable many times that day, he'd be out with 'You're f*cking useless, you ginger c*nt', every single time. If anything this became more intense throughout the season, but about 3/4 of the way through somebody must have had a word about the bloke's language, because the very next week when O'Connor's achievement failed to match his work-rate, everybody was anticipating another outburst, but instead he managed to squeeze out the words 'That's rubbish... you... flamin'... carrot-top'.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I almost lost the plot against villa at home last season, fortunately most of the people around me felt likewise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following Wednesday can often feel like an object lesson in 'How to handle disappointment'

 

After 50+ years I sometimes kid myself that I've mastered it

 

But I haven't, not really  :mellow:

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My story is a bit like Andys I guess.

About 50 years ago my then girlfriend had a job with NHS as a clerical officer. The senior manager in her office was a real gentleman, in the old sense of the word, trilby hat, tweeds the works. He ran the office strictly but was very fair and the staff all revered him. He'd had several conversations with my girlfriend and found out I was a Wednesdayite  and eventually he offered to get seats in the South with him and a junior manager that he went regularly with and to pick me up on the way. Bit of a treat for a lad who’d only ever done standing.

It was all going well until the ref started making a series of shocking decisions against us. In one moment, this pillar of the community and proper gent, jumped up from his seat and launched himself down the i aisle screaming ‘ you f...g w....r ‘ followed by a further stream of invective. He was red faced and foaming at the mouth.  He came back, sat down  looking sheepish and never said a word for the rest of the match..

From that day I’ve never been shocked at how football can change a totally reasonable person into a gibbering foul mouthed wreck.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sage owl said:

I almost lost the plot against villa at home last season, fortunately most of the people around me felt likewise. 

You on the south sage owl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mkowl said:

I always remember my step son going WTF when we were winning 5 - 0 and conceded 2 late goals and I absolutely lost my rag 

 

 

Cardiff City 83/84?

 

Me too :duntmatter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pulsar said:

 

 

Cardiff City 83/84?

 

Me too :duntmatter:

I actually think it was QPR and would have had to been post summer 1999 because that is when I met his mother, so taking him to a game before then might have got me arrested for kidnap:Sid:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st December 2000

 

Ok as I  had moved in by then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I ever tell you the story of when I took a telescope into a football ground?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Did I ever tell you the story of when I took a telescope into a football ground?

Be a good topic thread 

 

What is the weirdest thing you have taken into a football ground or seen taken in

 

I recall going to Wolves at the height of the cuddly toy throwing stage and the steward was genuinely perplexed but was powerless to stop the quantum coming in 

Edited by mkowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember the night potter took 3 corners out of a paddling pool? Huddersfield beating us, rain soaking me on the kop and the club days away from going bust. Half time I went down for a coffee and the bloke in front of me was moaning. I joined in and just couldn't stop. Went on a tirade about everything that was bad with the club. I was ranting about dave Allen and the care home crew, the weather, the team, Potters wading escapades and everything else in between. My brother had to calm me down cos I was upsetting some kids, said I was swearing too much. To this day I can't remember what I said. All I remember is I've never felt so low as a Wednesdayite as that night. I cant even remember what happened 2nd half, it's like the trauma has created a blank spot in my mind to shield me. Proper weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and when Mick Prendergast scored a goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, peacock1961 said:

You on the south sage owl?

No on the North mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

Get your coat, pack your bags, put your house up for sale & move to Norwich &  join Norwichmad, where your humour belongs. 

That bad....wowsers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/03/2019 at 20:35, asteener1867 said:

Seen it happen once...The thread about expectations reminded me.

I'm not talking about throwing a mental when we score, but the drip drip drip of crapitude that eventually sends you over the top.

When the Kop was first allseater , about 3 of us bought a season ticket together, and you end up at with the same group as you renew..blokes behind you, in front of you etc..over a season nyou get on nodding terms, then chat and sorta get to know one another....

We were sat behind a bloke called Peter..reight nice mellow bloke...He actually gave me mate a telescope after he had mentioned he was getting into astronomy..for nowt!

Gave him all sorts of advice on how to callibrate it..chatted meteorotes...all sorts.

What I'm going on about is..He was intelligent, he came across as such , clapped , didn't jump about when we scored..

Then one Saturday, during one of our bad spells, I honestly can't remember the season, nor the game...

He went absolutely f.ookin' batsh *t mental!

Wednesday let a daft goal in against some bugger or other..We sat there just mutterin' FFS! ..Peter went berserk...He jumped into the aisle..he started more or less bitin' through his season ticket and his language was horrific...

It went..and I paraphrase

"Thats It..You set of fookin' fookers, you can't ba*tard pass, you can't f.ookin' defend, you can't f.ookin' shoot...Thats me f.ookin' done!!!

 

and he just left

 

He came back the following home game and actually apologised for his behaviour...

 

He wasn't there the following season...

 

 

My name's Peter, bang into astronomy, sacked off my ST and moved to Spain.  Once gave a telescope to a bloke too.

 

Not sure if it's me but I fuckedoff The Kop because some bloke behind me was forever making poems up while I was trying to watch the fuckingmatch.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was trying to remember an incident where we saw similar to the Grelish thing at hillsborough, but cant for the life of me recall if the fan took a pop at a burnley player or the ref.....pretty sure he missed anyway...

 

This was the game, live on ITV digital (remember that)...........sure it was after the re-taken pen.

 

 

Edited by wiggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...