Just noticed that WBA have sacked Darren Moore falling their draw with Ipswich. On the face of it, it seems very rash based on WBA lying in 4th place.  Feels a lot like when Derby sacked Paul Clement a few years ago; not convinced it will WBA a better chance of promotion. 

Getting back to our club I hope and expect DC will show SB plenty of patience. Currently it feels like Bruce is ahead of the curve in terms of the team’s progression, but we all know it won’t always be this way. Personally I have a similar feeling about Bruce that I had about Ron Atkinson. I just like the lack of spin and drama about his personality. I also more importantly, expect the players will respect and appreciate his qualities as well. 

I know the club and DC would gleefully accept promotion ASAP, but in a way I can’t help but feel SB needs a year or two to build a team capable of competing in the PL. Looking at the current league table it looks like 70/71 points could secure 6th spot, so I suppose nothing’s impossible as we’ll probably need around 22 points from 10 games.

Never thought Moore was a good appointment based as it was on a short successful spell as caretaker .

Akin to us giving the job to Bullen instead of Bruce so the club has only itself to blame.

They would love to take Bruce off our hands 

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

Never thought Moore was a good appointment based as it was on a short successful spell as caretaker .

Akin to us giving the job to Bullen instead of Bruce so the club has only itself to blame.

In fairness to Moore I recall he was very successful during the handful of games he had in the PL and with the club lying in 4th position it feels more than a little panicky to me.

8 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Man Utd may find it the same with Solskjaer next season.

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Bruce will get as much time as we, the  fans give him. 

We are happy Chansiri will be happy.

Spot on.

I think next summer is going to be very interesting.

All the out of contract players on big money will have to go and we will only be able to replace them with cheap options.

We really need SB to brilliant at spotting potential and if he is and we can stabilise the ship next season we could then push on the following season when we have shed a £21m loss from our P & S equation.

Fortunately as we well know expensive doesn't = good so cheap doesn't necessarily = poor.

2 hours ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Just noticed that WBA have sacked Darren Moore falling their draw with Ipswich. On the face of it, it seems very rash based on WBA lying in 4th place.  Feels a lot like when Derby sacked Paul Clement a few years ago; not convinced it will WBA a better chance of promotion. 

Getting back to our club I hope and expect DC will show SB plenty of patience. Currently it feels like Bruce is ahead of the curve in terms of the team’s progression, but we all know it won’t always be this way. Personally I have a similar feeling about Bruce that I had about Ron Atkinson. I just like the lack of spin and drama about his personality. I also more importantly, expect the players will respect and appreciate his qualities as well. 

I know the club and DC would gleefully accept promotion ASAP, but in a way I can’t help but feel SB needs a year or two to build a team capable of competing in the PL. Looking at the current league table it looks like 70/71 points could secure 6th spot, so I suppose nothing’s impossible as we’ll probably need around 22 points from 10 games.

Bruce has a free hit until he can rebuild the squad with his own players . 

I hope we give him time and don't get mardy if things don't go great.

He's proven himself imo with his past record. Villa didn't give him long enough.

He could get us up next season but if he doesn't I'd like him to stay and build a squad over a few seasons.

There's been too much short termism and I believe he's a proper manager who can do a proper job if left to it.