Lee Cattermole

Were we not linked with him in the press somewhere at the start of the season. It was rubbish then and probably still is.

If I could ban any comment on here it would be the old “ we could sign him as backup “.

We shouldn’t be signing anybody with the intention of them only being good enough to be backup.

There are plenty of good players out there and we should only sign somebody who we think is good enough to play in the best eleven.

Ottherwise you end up with George Boyd and Dave Jones 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

There was a thread on here advocating signing him and making him captain last season...

Thanks for that.

Had the chance to go back and neg it, as I missed it first time round.

Edited by WatfordOwl
  • Haha 6

Guest Hirst1867
4 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Makes Hutch look like a saint. Decent player 3 or 4 years ago but injuries seem to have caught up with him. Need to be looking a level up on him in my opinion.

He really doesn't

Go look at the stats

I can understand why people would rather have Pelepussy as competition for Hutch though

Idiots

He was woeful about 85% of games last year for Sun’lun, acceptable on occasion, and good literally once or twice. Proper source of hair-pulling on their message boards most weeks, I went on there a fair bit as one of my colleagues was a huge fan.

Was a strong player, but now is slower than anyone on our current team, no exaggeration - runs like he’s up to his waist in custard. Can’t get back in a def-mid position in less than 15min from going forward.

Massive no from me, he’s exactly the sort of mistake that got us in this FFP mess.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Cattermole, or his type of player could provide the ‘minder’ for the likes of Bannan to flourish further up the field and allow him to supply the deadly slide rule pass to a very quick forward getting in behind.

This would allow Hutch to play and protect just in front of the back three, obviously depending on the style of set up that Bruce decides.

I do like the idea of a fast quality forward running in behind. We have needed this option for ages.

we need to improve a lot from throw-ins and set-pieces, but Bruce is just the man we need for addressing these issues.

Can’t wait to see what the next few months bring in this regard.