Iorfa in midfield?

I’m not sure that Iorfa plays at right back if both Palmer and Lazaar are fit, I also stand by my assertion (in another thread) that Iorfa is a centre-half but he isn’t going to depose Lees and Hector. The thing is that Iorfa is making himself (in the best way possible) unable to be dropped from the side. 

I think we should play him in a midfield three along with Hutchinson and Bannan. 

What do you reckon?  

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Way we pick up injuries it'll probably have to happen at some stage!

This is the mad thing. We're in top 6 form and have our best midfielder (KL), best link man/ goalscorer (GH), arguably best wide player (FF) and numerous other injuries to players who score goals on a relatively frequent basis (Joao). 

If Leeds, Pigs, Norwich etc had 4 of their best players out they'd probably be upper mid table. 

I honestly think with the first 11 fully fit and Bruce managing the side we'd be top 3.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

His first touch doesn't scream 'stick me in midfield', to be honest.

If it was a straight choice, I'd play Palmer in midfield and Iorfa at right back rather than the other way around.

On current form I’d be fine with Palmer in midfield . Every part of his game has improved this season. 

I like iorfa . Everything clueless Carlos hates. Pace, power and direct. We need more like this 

• Like 2

Nah. If we play Hutch in cm then we need midfielders who have a good passing range, control and creativity.

Another player like bannan would be ideal...or Lee.

I like Iorfa but he would make too many vital mistakes in midfield. 

5 hours ago, shandypants said:

I’m not sure that Iorfa plays at right back if both Palmer and Lazaar are fit, I also stand by my assertion (in another thread) that Iorfa is a centre-half but he isn’t going to depose Lees and Hector. The thing is that Iorfa is making himself (in the best way possible) unable to be dropped from the side. 

I think we should play him in a midfield three along with Hutchinson and Bannan. 

What do you reckon?  

I said this when I first saw him play. 

Not in a three though as part of a midfield pair one for future and for now useful to have when needed and to come off the bench. 

He’s playing well at right back, I’m sure he could play centre back equally well. 

That’s it!! 

Why people start shifting players to other positions as soon as they have a few good games in their correct position always baffles me. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Square pegs round holes 

But he’s a square peg in a round hole at the moment. By his own admission, he’s a centre-half playing at fullback. If he has the ability to adapt, why not try him in midfield at some point if we need to? 

26 minutes ago, shandypants said:

But he’s a square peg in a round hole at the moment. By his own admission, he’s a centre-half playing at fullback. If he has the ability to adapt, why not try him in midfield at some point if we need to? 

He's a defender playing right back should be easier to adjust to playing midfield is a totally different propersiton we need another centre mid let's wait till summer I'm sure Bruce will address it

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

A couple of weeks ago from the same poster :

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/281015-iorfa-is-definitely-a-centre-half/

This thread - "Iorfa in midfield?"

He'll have Iorfa as a centre forward by the end of March. 

The way our strikers are dropping like flies , he might be up front this week.

7 hours ago, shandypants said:

What do you reckon?  

No. Hes a defender, why do we have a fascination of trying to play players out of position. If we need a midfielder we should sign one.