10 hours ago, camffiti said:

I think we all knew, when Boyd signed, he was past it ... His legs have gone and it's Tommy Miller all over again

Bruce has history with Boyd, so he's giving him a chance. But the remainder of the season should be enough time, for Bruce to evaluate 

We can only back Boyd whenever he's on the pitch

I agree apart from your first sentence.  He’d come off the back of a Premier season where he´d covered more distance than anyone and been offered a year’s extension at Burnley.  There weren’t many who argued with or criticised the signing.

13 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I agree apart from your first sentence.  He’d come off the back of a Premier season where he´d covered more distance than anyone and been offered a year’s extension at Burnley.  There weren’t many who argued with or criticised the signing.

Really? It had all the hallmarks of a retirement contract to me 

I thought people were just giving it the old 'gi chance ffs' 

He had a great game against Birmingham and I thought he was going to be a real asset under Bruce  who I knew would want to play him.

However that turned out to be a one off which is really baffling. Must have had an haircut which sapped his strength. He is always just behind the play.

I've one resounding memory from last season that haunts me and makes me shudder when thinking about it..

The Swansea cup game we had boyd, Jones and of course buttercup all in the same lineup from the start. 

Zero aggression, zero energy, zero movement, zero pace and absolutely no fight whatsoever. 

If we could have put some rough terrain tyres on abdi's wheelchair and pushed him on to the pitch it would have been probably the WORST midfield I've ever seen in a Wednesday shirt in my 30 odd years. 

Yes we've had some cheaper less known lower league ones in the past, but at least we got more than the sum of zero effort out of them.

Edited by shezzas left peg
  • Like 1