1 minute ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Weak link today I'm afraid, saying that he was in the derby too.

It's hard for him coming in for Fernando, that would always be difficult to do, I think it says more about Matias than Boyd.

Boyd's been successful based on his work ethic, I didn't realise until he came to Wednesday how limited he was, probably explains his earlier days in the lower leagues.

Clearly Boyd can be trusted by the manager, I trust his decision and that is very refreshing to be able to say that.

I know why he's there, but when he gives them the ball back 3 times in 30 secs..UTO.

32 minutes ago, Mardy Bum said:

Completely agree, didn't realise he was playing until he went off  but 59 be honest as a whole were carrying too many passengers 

Bloody Hell he is bound to be slowing down at that age.

FFS.

• Haha 1

Never really rated him. 

Steange addition to the squad at the time, when resources could have been better used elsewhere. 

Whenever ive seem him in a Wednesday shirt he just seems to be running around on his own.

Not good enough, he wouldn't even get a game at Rotherham.

For me the little bit of history that SB has with Boyd means he will see clearly how much he’s off his game and performance levels. Bruce won’t be holding out for an upturn in form and effort like our other managers he’ll see it for what it is.

Edited by Morepork

1 hour ago, Mightyowl1867 said:

Worst game in a Wednesday shirt today, didn’t do anything right, missed passes, lazy running, and watching the ball instead of running to it, hope he never starts for us again.

Past it and bruce must know, just doing the best with what he's got at present injuries and all.

Think we ruined him with the calm down in training after we signed him 

he was never a gifted baller but a work horse now an ageing player that’s been misplayed last two years I don’t think he will recover 

shame

but I agree he his one out of the door the fact he gets the nod above matias you can count him gone too 

players to be guaranteed release are 

jones

abdi

matias

i would like to think Boyd too

dont think Lee and hooper will have time to prove a new contract 

Palmer and Westwood have earned it imo 

whos thd other senior pro I’ve missed? There’s 9 isnt I think 

• Like 1

his confidence seems shot, he just doesn’t seem to be able to get involved in games, he’s chasing shadows and the ball - the earlier comment about him being piggy-in-the-middle is spot on. He’s clearly a better player than we’re currently seeing, I hope SB can help turn it around but ultimately it’s down to him and how much he wants to - he’s got to get his head down and work

Have to say Bruce has had a good look, tried him in different positions etc.

Surprised to see him in starting 11 today. Doesn’t add anything to the team.

Will be even more surprised if he starts another game for us.

1 hour ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Weak link today I'm afraid, saying that he was in the derby too.

It's hard for him coming in for Fernando, that would always be difficult to do, I think it says more about Matias than Boyd.

Boyd's been successful based on his work ethic, I didn't realise until he came to Wednesday how limited he was, probably explains his earlier days in the lower leagues.

Clearly Boyd can be trusted by the manager, I trust his decision and that is very refreshing to be able to say that.

Weak link today? Becoming the same message after every game. Shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch. Just drop him off at hillsborough park and let him chase a ball round there for 90 mins instead.