Disallowed goal

5 hours ago, Quist said:

Not sure had both hands on ball. Had one hand on top of ball for certain. the speed the ball shot into net considering Wednesday guy was on fall and could get not much power on ball suggests he had not got tight hold of ball. His other hand could not have been behind ball so suspect just had hand on top of ball holding it down.

I do not know if this would count as goalkeeper having control of ball.

You've been listening to Carlos and Jos too long my friend.

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

Look at lad on penalty spot. The sort of lazy defending that winds me right up.

To be fair, the balls on the 6 yard line and there's 7 players in the box either sat down or standing still. WTF?

• Haha 1

I've just watched it again this morning. I'm of the opinion Carson can't have had it fully under control. If you look at Winnall, he doesn't swing his leg at it, just gives it a flick. If ball was held by the keeper, it wouldn't have moved.

That said, i can see why the ref disallowed it and if it had been given against us I'd have gone batshit mental.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, darra said:

Didn't show it in the highlights on quest

if it was leeds it would have been shown. cant make my mind up about it as its too inconclusive . though if it was against us id be fuming if goal stood but that don't mean it was the correct decision.

• Like 1

I understand that the refs are directed to give the benefit of the doubt to the defending side if a situation isn’t totally clear cut. It pains me to say but the decision to rule out the goal makes sense. The fact that the ref took his time to make up his mind indicates that it wasn’t clear cut. 

Brommers is spot on. We’d be going mental if such a goal was given against us. 

1 hour ago, Brommers said:

I've just watched it again this morning. I'm of the opinion Carson can't have had it fully under control. If you look at Winnall, he doesn't swing his leg at it, just gives it a flick. If ball was held by the keeper, it wouldn't have moved.

That said, i can see why the ref disallowed it and if it had been given against us I'd have gone batshit mental.

You have been listening to our managers too. I actually thought same as you ball shoots off too fast for it to have been held as Winnall barely moves.

• Like 1