Man of the match & scores -V- FL's Derby (a)

Top owls at Pride Park  

304 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the match

• Westwood
    • Iorfa
    • Palmer
    • Hutchinson
    • Hector
    • Lees
    • Reach
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Boyd
    • Aarons
    • Nuhiu
    • Winnall
    • Fox

Bannan for me

Westwood was solid

The two centre backs were solid

Palmer had a cracking game apart from a mad moment, if only he could cross a ball

Hutchinson had another good game but he can’t shoot

Reach looks a shadow of the player he usually is

What happened with Winnall’s goal, only seen it on ifollow, Carson didn’t have control of the ball in my opinion

Cracking goal from the new Viv Anderson

In other news me and my son signed up for another 3 years this morning

It's been a pretty good day

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

21 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

What happened with Winnall’s goal, only seen it on ifollow, Carson didn’t have control of the ball in my opinion

Only he one angle. 

No worse than the pigs at Villa park

• Thanks 1

Westwood - 7 - Couple of smart saves in the 2nd half. All saves you'd expect a keeper of his calibre to make, but he did with minimal fuss. 

Iorfa - 8 - Man of the Match - Much better display compared to Monday night. Was strong and defended on the front foot, and provided great athleticism down the right flank, time after time proving an overlap option for Reach (to largely ignore). Took his goal well. The New Reda is beginning to find his feet!

Lees - 8 - Solid, and didn't put a foot wrong today. Kept a very poor Derby attacking outfit very quiet, and as a team, prevented Derby from really creating anything of any note. 

Hector - 8 - Same as Lees really. Dominant once again. 

Palmer - 7 - Defended well again at left back, and played especially well in the 2nd half. Felt 1st half, his inability to use his left foot restricted us far too many times when in potentially dangerous areas. Aarons made several penetrating runs in the 1st half in behind Bogle, but Palmer kept shifting the ball onto his right foot and the opportunity had gone. Not necessarily Palmer's fault he's playing out of position, but it is hurting us from an offensive point of view. Still, another good performance from Palmer on the whole. 

Hutchinson - 7 - Dominated the midfield with Bannan, and kept a tight check on both Huddlestone and Johnson. Love the more advanced ball winning midfield role he's playing. Suits him, suits us.

Bannan - 7 - Defended and battled well, and a great delivery for Iorfa's goal. Just felt he dawdled too often at times, and I'd imagine he's one of the culprits Bruce is on about when talking about shifting the ball quicker. Few occasions in the 2nd half, a simple through ball into the half space would've seen us break the lines, but he opted to cut back and shift it to the opposite flank. 

Reach - 6 - Another frustrating performance from Reach. Got in to so many good positions, but his decision making was poor. Don't know what he was doing in the 1st half when Fletcher played him in...I'd imagine he's inability to use his right foot was the reason he failed to put the ball on a plate for Boyd. Wasted several good overload opportunities by shooting from low percentage areas. 

Aarons - 6 - Things didn't come off for him today, but as said earlier, wasn't helped by Palmer playing out of position. Still, I think he's probably that sort of player...inconsistent and blows hot and cold in matches. 

Boyd - 6 - On the whole, thought he did alright in the 1st half, and instigated the press well. Should've been put on a plate by Reach, and had a good effort saved by Carson. His lack of pace and trickery really doesn't help him though. Time for Matias me thinks. 

Fletcher - 7 - Aerially dominant once again. Won A LOT of headers up against Keogh (lets be honest, he should do against that donkey), and his link up play was spot on again. Maybe should've done better with the chance just before half time. 

Nuhiu - 7 - Thought he was outstanding when he came on. Caused Derby a number of problems both aerially and on the floor. Looked fit and at the races. If Fletcher's injured, he'll maybe get another opportunity to have a good run in the side. And with this sort of performance, it maybe wouldn't be no bad thing. 

Winnall - 7 - Looked sharp, and linked up well in the No. 10 spot. Be good to get him some more serious game time over the next week. 

Fox - N/A 

Overall ...

It was a decent performance. We were the better side. But I just question the belief of the squad. Derby were there for the taking, but we never seemed to get out of 3rd gear. If we had any serious chance of the playoffs, this was a prime opportunity to make up some serious ground. Instead, we're just treading water. 

Defensively, very solid...once again. Restricted Derby to nothing. Their goal was a bit of a freak... headed clearance landed straight on the head of Johnson at the back stick. After that, up until the last ten minutes when Derby began to have a bit of a go, we dominated the game without ever really believing we could win it. 

That said, with the injuries we've got, Fletcher another one today, we're doing alright. And full credit to Bruce for the overall improvement in performances. Win at Bolton on Tuesday, and we might be within 4 points...who knows?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Westwood 8 outstanding again

Iorfa 7 if he could take a bloody throw in it would be higher. Great goal

Lees 7

Hector 7

Palmer 6

Hutchinson 7

Bannan 6

Reach 6

Aarons 6

Boyd 2 absolutely atrocious 

Fletcher 7 won everything till injury 

Nuhiu 7.5 did excellently when he came on

Winnall 7 very lively. Could have scored 

Fox N/A

At any other point in the season, this would be a good performance and a decent result. However, we desperately needed the 3 points. I honestly feel that our chance of the play offs is over but we shall see. Need 6 points from Bolton and Blackburn now! No errors 

3 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Westwood 8 outstanding again

Iorfa 7 if he could take a bloody throw in it would be higher. Great goal

Lees 7

Hector 7

Palmer 6

Hutchinson 7

Bannan 6

Reach 6

Aarons 6

Boyd 2 absolutely atrocious 

Fletcher 7 won everything till injury 

Nuhiu 7.5 did excellently when he came on

Winnall 7 very lively. Could have scored 

Fox N/A

At any other point in the season, this would be a good performance and a decent result. However, we desperately needed the 3 points. I honestly feel that our chance of the play offs is over but we shall see. Need 6 points from Bolton and Blackburn now! No errors 

Don't forget palmer is playing out of position and still a credible performance, well done to him.

Voted for Nuhiu but probably overrating him compared to the defensive players as I was in the north stand where we conceded and I had a great view of how much grief he gave the derby defence when he came on. 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, debram said:

Don't forget palmer is playing out of position and still a credible performance, well done to him.

Probably right!