Devastated

Yep. I'm throwing in the playoffs towel now. It was fun while it lasted but we've dropped too many points. Could have been 3 points off 6th with a win today. As it is we're 6 off. Let's just see out the season and see what next season brings. I know I'm giving up but it's not gonna happen is it? No fletcher for a bit will kill us anyway. 

I don’t agree that we can’t make the play offs from here. Other results have gone for us today, maybe if Bristol and Derby had won it would have been curtains. Win at Bolton and we can do it, I do agree that is a game we must win. We aren’t many points off and there will still be many twists and turns.

Why is the dream suddenly over? We posted a strong point away to Derby, before this match we were trailing by 6 pts and that is still the situation with ten (10!) games left to play.

Anything can happen!

UTO

Edited by N0rtherner
  • Thanks 1

Bruce has made a tremendously positive start since he came in.

But there are underlying issues which mean it was never going to be a quick fix.  He's managed to inject some positivity into the squad and has already shown some shrewdness in the additions he's made. 

This season was always going to be too far gone to really make a proper push. That were even talking about it shows what impact he's made.

Big summer ahead. But a good pair of hands at the tiller.

• Like 1

Bruce is no mug.

We are not expected to get in the play offs under him, and that gives him something most managers don't get.   He gets a good good look at his players to assess them, and if, just if he manages to get this lot into the playoffs, he gets a wildcard.

The thing is, not being under pressure may just help us in the last few games into the run in.   

If not, we go again next season.

17 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

This season was always going to be too far gone to really make a proper push. That were even talking about it shows what impact he's made.

Big summer ahead. But a good pair of hands at the tiller.

I think the 3 successive draws against Reading, Millwall and Rotherham killed us off! Which shows how tight this division has been this season as we were dire under Jos! If we had picked up points in those games we would be right in the mix.

• Like 1