U18s | v Colchester Utd (Away)

2 hours ago, Quist said:

Hope the problem is resolved as soon as possible. He does need it fixing before returning to the side. Was he aware when problem occurred or did pain just come on one day. Sometimes complete rest is the answer  to sort out back problems. 

Hi Quist. He felt it over a few weeks before the day came when he couldn’t run because of the pain. He’s had an MRI scan and it showed a problem with the L5 vertebrae which requires complete rest. He’s starting to feel better so he’s hoping to return to training this month. I can’t thank the club enough for acting quickly on this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John O'Brien said:

Hi Quist. He felt it over a few weeks before the day came when he couldn’t run because of the pain. He’s had an MRI scan and it showed a problem with the L5 vertebrae which requires complete rest. He’s starting to feel better so he’s hoping to return to training this month. I can’t thank the club enough for acting quickly on this.

Hope he recovers fully John, he's been a mainstay of this squad. I notice Ellery didn't play today, has he picked up an injury. Hopefully not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John O'Brien said:

John, do you know anything about young Luke Hall who is playing for our U-16's side ? Heard great things about him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

Thank you for replying John, I am pleased they have looked into problem and know where issue is. I played rugby league and had a back problem and only cure was to do nothing for a couple of months. mine was a trapped sciatic nerve and because of pain you favoured one side over the other and this made problem worse as muscles tightened on one side more than other. Once rested it was cured and not had problem since. I could hardly move pain was terrible. it took a while to get up to speed as when you do nothing for 10 weeks lose fitness. Its quite difficult to rest you are actively training so hope he is good patient. Think team are missing Ellery. Grant and O'Brien down left side as they were extremely effective in first part of season.

Sincerely hope lad recovers quickly and gets playing before end of season. 

Your dedication of following team when lad is not playing is commendable will you still wath u/18s next season as well as watching your lad in u/23s?

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Thank you for replying John, I am pleased they have looked into problem and know where issue is. I played rugby league and had a back problem and only cure was to do nothing for a couple of months. mine was a trapped sciatic nerve and because of pain you favoured one side over the other and this made problem worse as muscles tightened on one side more than other. Once rested it was cured and not had problem since. I could hardly move pain was terrible. it took a while to get up to speed as when you do nothing for 10 weeks lose fitness. Its quite difficult to rest you are actively training so hope he is good patient. Think team are missing Ellery. Grant and O'Brien down left side as they were extremely effective in first part of season.

Sincerely hope lad recovers quickly and gets playing before end of season. 

Your dedication of following team when lad is not playing is commendable will you still wath u/18s next season as well as watching your lad in u/23s?

I will certainly look at the 18s schedule along with the 23s next season. im glad your back problem healed and yes it’s very frustrating for him mate being told to do absolutely nothing until it clears up. With the club doctor telling him to do absolutely nothing but rest he plays on that at home when asked to do some chores, when asked he just points to his back and says “can’t, Doctor said” and smiles.

• Haha 5