Lord Snooty

FL's Derby County -V- Wednesday OMDT

1 minute ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Thing is, the teams above still have 30 points left to play for too. Too little, too late. On to next season.

"WTF?" - WTF 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

We are 6 points behind (7 with goal difference). 

There are 30 points left to play for.

It's highly unlikely but the dream isn't over yet. 

Two very winnable games coming up as well. Take 6 points and we will close the gap.

Realistically we all know the playoffs have never really been on but we can certainly keep the dream alive for a few more games yet.

1 minute ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Thing is, the teams above still have 30 points left to play for too. Too little, too late. On to next season.

Right...

Let's just throw the towel in then.

Flip it. 

Just now, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Not sure of fixtures exacty but if we have to play the teams above us it makes the mathematics slightly different. 

They are the classic 6 pointers.

I reckon he had two hands on it.

But you can debate whether it was under control or not

Just now, A12owl said:

Not sure of fixtures exacty but if we have to play the teams above us it makes the mathematics slightly different. 

They are the classic 6 pointers.

Forest at home, Bristol City at home are the key ones. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

That looks like their defender kicked it out of Carsons hands. 

Agreed, and what may confirm that, is that neither the defender or Carson seemed to appeal.... We'll be able to see better tomorrow when the highlights have been released.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, SiJ said:

Forest at home, Bristol City at home are the key ones. 

Thanks

Perhaps we need to promote one of the young strikers in to the first team squad. Nuhiu and Winnall as our only strikers is worrying. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Two very winnable games coming up as well. Take 6 points and we will close the gap.

Realistically we all know the playoffs have never really been on but we can certainly keep the dream alive for a few more games yet.

Winnable like rotherham and reading? We've not done enough to be up there.

Just now, The Italian Stallion said:

Agreed, and what may confirm that, is that neither the defender or Carson seemed to appeal.... We'll be able to see better tomorrow when the highlights have been released.

Dont blink or you will miss it. Quest might throw some light on it tonight.

Suppose six points off the playoffs is not a bad effort from where we have come from but it's frustrating as there are no real quality teams in the Championship this season.  Leeds will probably survive in the Prem with their pulling power but the others will do well to stay up.

Looking at our GD it would be gutting if we catch up to top 6/7 and miss out on GD. We are never going to eliminate the minus difference though. 

The draws are killing our prospects, but well done to the boys for getting back in it. Didn't think we'd get anything after going behind. Just wish we had a few more goals in us to have a fighting chance. The injuries are crippling. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Looking at our GD it would be gutting if we catch up to top 6/7 and miss out on GD. We are never going to eliminate the minus difference though. 

We can thank Jos for that.

We could have been right in the mix if it weren't for that dipstick. 

• Agree 3

Its a measure of  how far we have come with the  games left...Who knows...Its unlikely I admit, but its pointless giving up.

A win today would have been massive, as it would have for Derby, and when you look at the stats it seems we probably had the best of it.

I dunno about Derby, but that would not have been our first 11 would it?

Sadly, Wednesday are doing , what Wednesday do...keep that one little window of sunshine open to you...So you take a choice..turn yer eyes away, or say "Fukkit"..I'll stare at the sun an' devil take the hindmost...

• Agree 1

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Its a measure of  how far we have come with the  games left...Who knows...Its unlikely I admit, but its pointless giving up.

A win today would have been massive, as it would have for Derby, and when you look at the stats it seems we probably had the best of it.

I dunno about Derby, but that would not have been our first 11 would it?

Sadly, Wednesday are doing , what Wednesday do...keep that one little window of sunshine open to you...So you take a choice..turn yer eyes away, or say "Fukkit"..I'll stare at the sun an' devil take the hindmost...

Like to see the disallowed goal again , not to sure but it looked like a derby player actually took the ball away from Carson 

It hasn't taken Bruce long to sort us out, I actually thought Nuihu and Winnall did well but if Joao and FF are in that team today I think we win. 

MOM was in the balance until the goals was disallowed. A sharp intake of breath from Derby and several decent saves from Westwood nailed it for him. Despite us having the better of the stats. 

2 hours ago, WTF said:

"WTF?" - WTF