Training ground value/injuries

24 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

According to this report from Wolves it may depend on which Desso it is?

It’s better for injuries. The original (Desso) pitches were renowned for being hard, like astro turf, but the particle size has got larger and they’ve changed the sand so it’s more forgiving on the limbs and softer than it used to be.

5DFEEF88-40C5-4920-B774-3CB3290E72A1.gif.df801b908e210791201e9e1bebe22aeb.gif

AB6D523F-D1F6-4BBA-A541-431220F00471.gif.087ffcec5a10284ba00e113b941cb9e3.gif

Edited by shandypants

4 hours ago, dw_sheffwed said:

Havent we enquired about buying the cricket fields from Niagara but council knocked back plans to build a bridge between the two sites ? 

When i was being nosey on google maps this would seem to make the most sense. Then have a community share program with the council and Niagara. But as with many great ideas i presumed someone already tried it.

I’ve never really got the Training Ground theory.

From what I’ve seen the majority of injuries are happening during games. I’d say it’s more to do with how we prep for games or recover after them, rather than hard pitches at Middlewood Road. 

4 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

I’ve never really got the Training Ground theory.

From what I’ve seen the majority of injuries are happening during games. I’d say it’s more to do with how we prep for games or recover after them, rather than hard pitches at Middlewood Road. 

Or the blighters who play for the opposites giving our players a kick on the shins...

My theory is that both Carlos and Jos had little knowledge of training pitch quality and suitability, DC has zero knowledge and probably no interest. Bruce however will sort these things out, DC will either listen to him or lose him, I’m backing the former.  

lol

2 hours ago, brazilowl said:

Yet they allowed Sainsbury’s to build on Claywheels Lane, about the same distance away. That’s Sheffield City Council for you. 

Yes but to get plans approved the council made them pay and improve the roads nearby..:rolleyes:

I think we wanted the old shardlows sports ground some years ago and we agreed to let local schools etc use it at certain times...the council said no...cos of traffic problems?...anyhow a few years later there a two supermarkets and a pub

Best bet is tell them we are building a supermarket. With a deso car park..

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hookowl said:

According to this report from Wolves it may depend on which Desso it is?

It’s better for injuries. The original (Desso) pitches were renowned for being hard, like astro turf, but the particle size has got larger and they’ve changed the sand so it’s more forgiving on the limbs and softer than it used to be.

I was just saying since we got the new pitch we seem to get a lot more impact injuries than we did before the new pitch.

It may or may not be the cause but it is something that needs to be checked.

7 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think this is right. If the clubs on going problems with injuries was as simple as too hard pitches at the training ground it would have been solved years ago.

Plus we didn't seem to have so many injuries years ago.

3 hours ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

Derby's training ground is at Morley hayes which is quite a bit away from the ground.I'm not spying or owt

Isn't united's out Shiregreen way? Not exactly local for them.

12 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Shirecliffe

It’s a bit of a liberty really that thinking about it. As you look up Herries road from the Kop, Shirecliffe starts just the other side of the Five Arches where Scraith Wood is. The cliff that overlooks Hillsborough is Shirecliffe Meadows. It’s actually quite a peaceful place and I’d say quite a surprise for those that haven’t been up there. Anyway, back to the thread: it’s almost like the Pigs built their academy at Shirecliffe to côck a snook at us. 

Edited by shandypants