Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No me too, but that’s the simple part  The “frightening” part will be getting rid of the others who aren’t out of contract, and then securing the players we need to bring in What I mean is, that’s a lot of wheeling and dealing, with little or no budget The good thing is, we have the right manager to do this, but it’s still a lot of upheaval in a relatively short time

i'm not too sure we'll be getting rid of many of those who are not out of contract, such as rhodes and winnall maybe of some decent impact sub, and injury cover use.

I imagine that dc will find a way to give bruce funds to strengthen, it may involve a deal with the ground, it's his club after all, NOT anyone else's. 

he'll like what he's seen so far from bruce, and be thinking with an 'injection' of cash in the 'attacking intent' area, then who knows what can be attained?

it maybe loans, it maybe signings, it's likely to be both, but with additions in m/f, wing and attack, we'd be a sizeable hammer in this division.

Edited by dorian gray
r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:24, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Looking at the list below. So have plenty of other clubs. Slim pickings if we’re looking for free transfers in the Championship

 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/every-championship-player-out-of-contract-this-summer-who-should-your-club-sign-1-9636874

 Some good options in there if our recruitment team was to act fast and approach the players out of contract this summer before they get snapped up elsewhere. Hopefully we go for players of a good age, fit, not crazy wage demands and good championship know how this time round instead of final pay days for ex premiership names. Out of that list I wouldn't mind the left back Bidwell from QPR, Jamie Paterson from Bristol City, Michael Morrison or Tommy Elphick at centre back and Lee Gregory up front, pig or not.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at that list ... christ plenty of work to be done over this upcoming summer, tie players down and offload some others ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don’t expect the overhaul this summer that a lot on here are expecting. However I expect the summer of 2020 to be a lot different.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I don’t expect the overhaul this summer that a lot on here are expecting. However I expect the summer of 2020 to be a lot different.

When you say that, do you mean primarily incomings mate? If those out of contract leave, plus the loanees, that could already be 13 players leaving. Add, maybe a couple of sales, something that Bruce has hinted might happen, then we will surely have to bring in half a dozen or so. Of course a lot of those leaving, haven’t been involved recently, but quite a few will have been regulars. Personally, I wouldn’t want to see us bringing in more than that, as that sort of upheaval worries me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

When you say that, do you mean primarily incomings mate? If those out of contract leave, plus the loanees, that could already be 13 players leaving. Add, maybe a couple of sales, something that Bruce has hinted might happen, then we will surely have to bring in half a dozen or so. Of course a lot of those leaving, haven’t been involved recently, but quite a few will have been regulars. Personally, I wouldn’t want to see us bringing in more than that, as that sort of upheaval worries me

 

The squad we have at the moment is capable of challenging for the play-offs. We've seen this in the past and most recently. What's cost us over the last 18 months or so are long term injuries to key players notably Forestieri, Hooper and Lee and bizarre team selections, the decision to freeze Westwood and Hutchinson in particular.

 

Our strength is defensive. When we've played the best defensive players available to us we've had a good defensive record and have been subsequently hard to beat.  You can go back as far as Stuart Gray's time in charge to see this.

 

The player that turns us from a solid side to a side that can challenge is Forestieri. Keeping him fit and available has to be a priority for Bruce going forward. Because the majority of our forwards are under contract for next season and there's unlikely to be any takers for them, we'll probably go with what we have now.

 

Keeping Hector or bringing in a replacement, bringing in more pace particularly on the flanks and someone in midfield who can share the workload with Hutchinson so there's less chance of him breaking down is the priority for me.

 

Of the out of contracts, I expect Westwood, Palmer and Boyd to be retained. Boyd knows the division, has played for Bruce before and he seems to trust him but there will be a few on here that will go mental at this prospect lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

 Some good options in there if our recruitment team was to act fast and approach the players out of contract this summer before they get snapped up elsewhere. Hopefully we go for players of a good age, fit, not crazy wage demands and good championship know how this time round instead of final pay days for ex premiership names. Out of that list I wouldn't mind the left back Bidwell from QPR, Jamie Paterson from Bristol City, Michael Morrison or Tommy Elphick at centre back and Lee Gregory up front, pig or not.

Morrison 31

Elphick 31

Gregory 30

IMO most of those available represent other championship clubs getting rid of their dead wood. Good call on Bidwell though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/03/2019 at 19:40, Junk Smuggler said:

 

Josh Vela

Moses Odubajo

Antoine Semenyo

Todd Cantwell

Jake Bidwell

Sam Morsy

 

On that link these are probably the only ones that I'd look at. Odubajo has played for Bruce before too remember.

 

 

Hands up for you’re footy knowledge. Having done a bit of digging those you’ve highlighted could be the sort of hungry ambitious players who might help us. Probably affordable and might see us as a step up. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...