Bruce hires new recruitment staff.

I can't see Bruce hiring 2 new staff if he thinks we'll be under a transfer umbongo? 

"Steve Bruce has raided his old club Aston Villa to revamp Sheffield Wednesday's recruitment department. David Downes and Dean Hughes have moved to Hillsborough as Bruce looks to put his own stamp on the Championship club.

Downes has been appointed Wednesday's head of recruitment while Hughes will work as a recruitment analyst. Bruce told The Star: "I am absolutely delighted to have brought David and Dean in. Recruitment is a huge part of a football club and they will head up that department."

Former Wigan head of recruitment Downes joined Villa at the tail end of 2014 and his task was to source talent for the club's academy. His role took on added significance under former owner Dr Tony Xia, with Villa signing young central defender Jacob Bedeau in a£900,000 deal from Bury just over two years ago. 

As for Hughes, he spent over two years working as a performance analyst at Villa Park. He also worked under Bruce when the four-time promotion winner was in charge of Hull City."

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-make-key-recruitment-appointments-1-9637410

lol

leggings--2366@2x.thumb.jpg.588acd9fb2e4646f4291463c5100c7b2.jpg

24 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I can't see Bruce hiring 2 new staff if he thinks we'll be under a transfer umbongo? 

"Steve Bruce has raided his old club Aston Villa to revamp Sheffield Wednesday's recruitment department. David Downes and Dean Hughes have moved to Hillsborough as Bruce looks to put his own stamp on the Championship club.

Downes has been appointed Wednesday's head of recruitment while Hughes will work as a recruitment analyst. Bruce told The Star: "I am absolutely delighted to have brought David and Dean in. Recruitment is a huge part of a football club and they will head up that department."

Former Wigan head of recruitment Downes joined Villa at the tail end of 2014 and his task was to source talent for the club's academy. His role took on added significance under former owner Dr Tony Xia, with Villa signing young central defender Jacob Bedeau in a£900,000 deal from Bury just over two years ago. 

As for Hughes, he spent over two years working as a performance analyst at Villa Park. He also worked under Bruce when the four-time promotion winner was in charge of Hull City."

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-make-key-recruitment-appointments-1-9637410

lol

I wouldn't get too excited.

Just now, Mycroft said:

Sod the wage bill I'm getting old and I want to see us back in the Prem for a dam good run.  DC is not going to employ these two if we are gonna be buying run of the mill players.  Pleasantly surprised by this news.

feck me  offend a pensioner day today :huh:

awaits sympathy plus from @Costello 77  'sigmund' to his mates 

• Haha 1

Maybe the EFL have jjust banned us from signing any more Steves?

They are fookin' daft enough...

"We at the EFL are not stupid...We accept your financial situation and can get along with it..BUT!

This flagrant signing of people called "Steve" is simply flouting the hard and fast rules, we..at the EFL.... have set...

"If you had received parachute payments in the last 3 years..yes..you could have two more Steves..or one Stephen...(actually spelled STEPHEN"..If its spelled "STEVEN"..you will incur a 6 point deduction)

Stefan..Stephanie...3 points deduction...If you actually sign a "Stevedor" We may DOCK more points

All we can say to Sheffield Wednesday at this present time is 

"Now now..come on then"

• Haha 3

Guest Ash76
53 minutes ago, flo said:

Jacob Bedeau moved to Scunthorpe for an undisclosed fee so will have made a loss. Pointless thing to mention. 

Won't be losses in the same category as those we'll make on Rhodes, Abdi and more though. Those type of signings either work out of don't and the risk is much more sustainable