Dare to dream?

If  we beat Derby, talk of playoff potential will inevitably follow. I was starting to let myself get carried away with it, so decided to look in a bit more detail...

The chasing pack and their projected points, if they carry on at their current rate, are...

Brizzle - 73
Derby - 71
Brum - 66
Forest - 66
Hull - 66
Villa - 63
Preston - 63
Wednesday - 63

Our current form is obviously stronger than looking at the season as a whole would suggest. But even if we beat Derby and assume we'll also beat Brizzle later (so the gap between us and them is closed to 3 points - currently 6), it's still a massive ask. It basically means we'll need to win 8 & draw 1 (so we can only lose 2) or win 7 and & draw 4 (so no margin for error). 

We still have Norwich, Leeds, Forest, Villa & Preston to play. So, even if we beat everyone that is currently below us, we still need 3 wins and 2 draws from teams above us. 

Who knows. It might happen. But it doesn't look likely, unfortunately. :sleep:

Here's the most positive forecast that I can muster (without being silly)...

Championship Table.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we win at Derby (we never win at Derby, especially since the implementation of the Keogh Penalty Immunity Clause) we still have that slim chance of the playoffs.

Lose at Derby and it's pretty much all over, to go 9 points behind them at this stage will be just too much ground to make up with the tough games we have left and poor GD which means we'd have to make up an extra point.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, BIG D said:

It's not happening.

To be brutally honest, we aren't good enough.

Nail head 

We’d need incredible luck/fortune to even get close 

A lot of positives with the club at the moment, let’s see where it takes us next season and beyond 

Stoke, Villa and Forest are all inconsistent at best so to me all winnable games

Leeds and Norwich are a lot tougher though 

My bigger concern would be can we keep everyone fit? Will Forestieri be fit again this season? Will Hooper, Winnall and Joao get any game time? How long will Fletcher and Hutchinson stay fit? Bannan is also two yellow cards away from a 3 game ban

To be honest I'm not thinking about the table.  Just hope we can keep showing this much better performances. There'll be a bummer result or two in there along the way. But as long as we keep going into games with a sense of positivity that's enough for me as we see out the tail end of the season. 

If by some fluke we did climb into that pack then brilliant. But ill not be losing any sleep over it. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

To be honest I'm not thinking about the table.  Just hope we can keep showing this much better performances. There'll be a bummer result or two in there along the way. But as long as we keep going into games with a sense of positivity that's enough for me as we see out the tail end of the season. 

If by some fluke we did climb into that pack then brilliant. But ill not be losing any sleep over it. 

Really Snoots ? lol