Derby Day Mascot Prices

I sit on the Kop and every match I see the advert on the scoreboard about being a match day mascot and think how expensive it is. 

Last night at the derby match I understand that the United mascot and their parents had a tour of the dressing room, had a thoroughly good time and it didn't cost a penny. So it should be.

The Wednesday mascot however wasn't allowed anywhere near the dressing room and their parents paid over £600 for the privilege . You can imagine the conversation between the two sets of parents. It was probably like one of those Purple Brick adverts.

Come on Mr C surely you are not that desperate for money that you have to fleece our own mascots?

• Haha 3

It’s poor to be honest. My son has been lucky enough to be mascot twice - could have been a 3rd but at 14 he was about 6ft so would have looked stupid walking out with Bannan!!

On both occasions he met all the players in the dressing room, had photos, signed ball and a thoroughly good time. 

He was lucky enough to be chosen in a random draw from junior members - that is how it should be. They are the future supporters of the club - we should be doing all we can to encourage them.

45 minutes ago, Bolsterstone Owl said:

Nothing to see in the away dressing room it's shocking. It's not changed for over 20 years.

Tiles are cracked, bog doors hanging off, the other is missing!

And that is how it should be. The less comfortable the better.

That's very true. I saw them both last year. The home dressing room is like a hotel and the away one is like a school gym in the 1970s. Notice Blades stuck a load of photos on walls yesterday of their matches this season. 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, pj owl said:

It’s poor to be honest. My son has been lucky enough to be mascot twice - could have been a 3rd but at 14 he was about 6ft so would have looked stupid walking out with Bannan!!

On both occasions he met all the players in the dressing room, had photos, signed ball and a thoroughly good time. 

He was lucky enough to be chosen in a random draw from junior members - that is how it should be. They are the future supporters of the club - we should be doing all we can to encourage them.

They still do that, get picked for free. Or you can pay. The away mascot is the same. Free and picked. 

Or we can just attack the club rather than looking at facts. 

Bellendd

1 hour ago, Bolsterstone Owl said:

Nothing to see in the away dressing room it's shocking. It's not changed for over 20 years.

Ah , you have seen my bathroom then.

2 hours ago, Ozworth said:

Come on Mr C surely you are not that desperate for money that you have to fleece our own mascots?

He wouldn't have to if you stingy lot would pony up the cash for Club 1867. You can't have your cake ball and eat it too!!

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

My son is going to be a mascot at the game v Blackburn. He asked for it as a Christmas present. Couldn’t afford the vip package at £600 but still had to pay £240 for the standard mascot. Despite paying all that money found out that it doesn’t include match ticket . They really should look at their pricing and try incentives to attract the young ones to matches as they are the future of our club

Guest Ash76

Paid £200 for my boy on his 6th birthday last year, worth every penny and he went in to the dressing rooms. Loovens was class with him that night 

Where’s the evidence they charged more last night? 

9 hours ago, General_Grievous said:

They still do that, get picked for free. Or you can pay. The away mascot is the same. Free and picked. 

Or we can just attack the club rather than looking at facts. 

Bellendd

No need for th abuse I don’t think.

Was only answering an OP with my thoughts and observations. 

OT at its finest.

7 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Paid £200 for my boy on his 6th birthday last year, worth every penny and he went in to the dressing rooms. Loovens was class with him that night 

They advertise a VIP mascot service for £500 plus VAT. That is where the £600 comes from.

Although if you went in the dressing room on the 'cheaper' option then there is clearly inaccuracies in the OP.

8 hours ago, Ash76 said:

100% this paid the 200 against Blackburn last year. He loved it the club looked after them and had a fantastic time. Still goes on about best present ever. The club swopped my kop ST's to the south stand foc so was a good gesture.

200 was a small price to pay for what was a great b'day.

I know not all can afford it but I felt it was good value.

8 hours ago, regi blinkered said:

My son is going to be a mascot at the game v Blackburn. He asked for it as a Christmas present. Couldn’t afford the vip package at £600 but still had to pay £240 for the standard mascot. Despite paying all that money found out that it doesn’t include match ticket . They really should look at their pricing and try incentives to attract the young ones to matches as they are the future of our club

They do! They have excellent pricing for kids. In fact get him a season ticket instead - cheaper than being a mascot and you get to go to every game 

Guest Ash76
1 hour ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

They advertise a VIP mascot service for £500 plus VAT. That is where the £600 comes from.

Although if you went in the dressing room on the 'cheaper' option then there is clearly inaccuracies in the OP.

Ahh yes of course. Who is to say they weren’t all the standard option though? 

As for the united ones being free, I’ve oftem wondered how away games work for all clubs. I reckon club gets up to a max at request and they’re reciprocal arrangements. Having said that I did not notice a united mascot Monday 

Edited by Ash76

12 hours ago, Bolsterstone Owl said:

The away dressing room was the same as the home one before the derby the other night.lol

• Haha 1