Refund on ticket

My mate couldn't make the game last night, he was hoping to get back from a trip on time, but didn't make it, so tried to get a refund on his ticket, with it not been used, to be told i can't get a refund if i didn't do it before kick off, but yet the guy was still hoping to make it even after kick off.

Having never had to request a refund before i find it bit of strange policy, not to mention a bit annoying, as i have paid for something i haven't used.

Has this always been the policy regarding refunds? if so, then it's not right in my eyes as I've got still got the receipt and the used ticket but can't get a refund.

5 hours ago, huddsOWL said:

My mate couldn't make the game last night, he was hoping to get back from a trip on time, but didn't make it, so tried to get a refund on his ticket, with it not been used, to be told i can't get a refund if i didn't do it before kick off, but yet the guy was still hoping to make it even after kick off.

Having never had to request a refund before i find it bit of strange policy, not to mention a bit annoying, as i have paid for something i haven't used.

Has this always been the policy regarding refunds? if so, then it's not right in my eyes as I've got still got the receipt and the used ticket but can't get a refund.

It's always a shame to lose money, but the club shouldn't be refunding here, as your mate's seat could not be sold to someone else. A ticket is like a perishable item that expires. Once the event passes it is considered expired, so there's nothing left to refund.

Imagine buying a bag of apples, not eating them, and then bringing the bag of now mouldy apples back to the shop and asking for a refund. If you had tried to return the apples sooner it may have been different.

As a consumer you have responsibilities, just as businesses do. It sounds like your mate took a bit of a gamble, and unfortunately lost out. The nature of a gamble is that you might lose.