Bruce to get to bottom of all the injuries

Back in the day you would have say 15 first team players that would play week in week out for a season. Back then an injury was a broken leg or head fell off. If that happened you would loan or buy on demand. 

I am convinced all this squad rotation and time on the sidelines softens players up and makes them susceptible to injury. The irony is we need a large squad to deal with transfer windows but that causes a problem with players not getting toughened up in matches. 

That and we we have a lot of older players.

So in summary, do less squad rotation, get younger players in and get rid of the transfer window system. 

20 hours ago, Lythamowl said:

and after that he's sorting brexit, korea and will have a stab at world peace by all accounts.......

He's busy this week finishing ISIS off I've heard then he's captaining a British patrol boat around Gibraltar keeping those pesky scruffy Spaniards away.. 

Bruce has been around a long time, much of it at a very high level so he will be able to identify a few possible causes of this ridiculous injury situation.

To have three players:

Lee

Hooper

Abdi

Who's careers you can say are in the balance, if not over , due to injuries and the inability to overcome them , is disgraceful in the modern era. That two of these are two of our best players makes it even more galling.  

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

Bruce has been around a long time, much of it at a very high level so he will be able to identify a few possible causes of this ridiculous injury situation.

To have three players:

Lee

Hooper

Abdi

Who's careers you can say are in the balance, if not over , due to injuries and the inability to overcome them , is disgraceful in the modern era. That two of these are two of our best players makes it even more galling.  

as far as i know abdi isn't actually injured ...physically  as a consequence I believe he's stood in a corner with a don't talk to me because I'm a tw@ hat on 

10 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

Exactly this, clubs we where ahead of in all areas of their clubs. As they built modern stadiums or upgraded existing facilities we took the cheap option as they built state of the art training facilities we put up a tent as they expanded their commercial and merchandising operations we limped along. Until we move forward in these areas we will never progress as a club our size should. Look where Spurs where in the early/. Mid 90s compared to us and look now there’s no comparison 

The London clubs are a strange case because they have all largely benefited from the London economic boom over the last 20 years and the inflow of foreign new money. Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham are now twice the clubs they were in the 90's. 

2 hours ago, steveger said:

He's busy this week finishing ISIS off I've heard then he's captaining a British patrol boat around Gibraltar keeping those pesky scruffy Spaniards away.. 

damn....and all this time I thought he was watching cricket.....;-)

• Haha 1

The fact our injury situation is bad is not a direct correlation with under investment in the past.

Our medical set up may not have been at the forefront before, and its likely to be a bit better now than it was, BUT the injury situation is worse than it used to be (probably).

We are not comparing ourselves to other clubs injury situation, but to our own past when we didnt seem to have so many injuries, at the same time , and for so long. 

At least Coco has gone so that removes one variable in the future.

Our injury situation as deteriorated alarmingly in last 3 years. it is true we did bring in players on the cheap who had poor injury records but others have been injured and failed to recover. SB has said what everybody knows something is wrong and needs rectifying. The following are points I believe need answering.

1.It is possible we have signed players on not done due diligence on previous fitness records properly.

2. CC when commencing work said he employed different training methods designed to help prevent injuries he said some of the players had seen thes methods before on continent and spoke up in favour of them. What were the differences and has it had any impact?

3. We have no fitness personnel shown on web site for first team. The Academy list physios first team does not. Most other clubs name all personnel including those responsible for health of staff. Why do we not do this?

4. We sacked all of medical personnel and since then position has not improved and I would say deteriorated. This was apparently at CC's insistence. I would be interested to know if the medical staff we employ have an agent and if so who it is. 

5. We employed a physiotherapist for one season only last year he was released at end of last season when contract expired. I read (I believe on here) that we employed him as the ones we had recruited from abroad did not have correct qualification to go on pitch in this country. If this is true it suggest crack medical team are not so special.

6. Luhukay and sometimes CC were extremely vague about injuries was this by design or did they not have information to hand? JL was complimentary about medical staff which was surprising were they complicit in side lining players. if recruited from same source this could be possible.

7. Recoveries have taken longer than normal and can not think of anyone coming back earlier than expected. I remember in Wilkinson's day we had players regularly beating expected recovery times think Worthington came back from Hernia operation 3 weeks sooner than expected. Believe Francis and Atkinson maintained standards. I think we did not update equipment in last 20 years but believe individuals knew their role. When DC arrived he invested heavily in physio equipment and we now have high quality apparatus. What in terms of equipment are we lacking?