Bruce to get to bottom of all the injuries

22 minutes ago, Mus said:

Steve Bruce said all these injuries, and the length of time of recovery is ridiculous!  It's going to be one of his priorities to sort out.

and after that he's sorting brexit, korea and will have a stab at world peace by all accounts.......

• Thanks 1

Been reading stuff like this for years and its still the same.

Its bviously not something straight forward and I doubt Bruce is medically trained so not sure what he will do.

Think its a combination of bad luck, poor medical department, buying too many players with injury problems, rushing players back too early.

My mates working next door to nando and seen him this morning walking fine and taking his youngun to the park so hopefully it's not too bad, I know it's not exactly running about but if he's walking around fine less than 24 hours later I'd hope it's at least only minor. Still needs looking at though, the sheer amount of injuries is ridiculous fingers crossed Bruce can get to the bottom of it.

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Been reading stuff like this for years and its still the same.

Its bviously not something straight forward and I doubt Bruce is medically trained so not sure what he will do.

Think its a combination of bad luck, poor medical department, buying too many players with injury problems, rushing players back too early.

It's easy...you buy the best backroom/ medical/ commercial staff you can afford and keep upgrading as you progress as a club.

2 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Talking about ff has bruce said how bad his Injury is?

Said in post match interview that his hamstring isn’t right and he was subbed because of risk of making it worse.

Wasn’t having a great first half but didn’t pull up or limp off at half time as you would with a strain or tear.

I'm in the ground to see the warm ups. 

Last night the pre game prep between the two teams was very noticeable in how different it was. 

Then again for example after half time we sauntered out walking, the other lot did three minutes of drills before getting in position. 

Food for thought.

It seems the tide is turning against the popular belief about the importance of stretching.

A review of the basic scientific literature suggested five reasons why stretching before exercise would not prevent injuries:

• First: Immobilization, or "heating-induced increases in muscle compliance", caused tissues to rupture more easily.
  • Second: Stretching before exercise would have no effect for activities in which excessive muscle length is not an issue (e.g., jogging).
  • Third: Stretching won't affect muscle compliance during eccentric activity (where the muscle is contracting, and an external force is trying to lengthen the muscle: negative reps), when most strains are believed to occur.
  • Fourth: Stretching can produce damage at the cytoskeleton level. The cytoskeleton is a dynamic structure which maintains cell shape, often protects cells, enables cellular motion, and plays important roles in both intracellular transport and cellular division.
  • Fifth: Stretching appears to mask muscle pain in humans. (www.bodybuilding.com/fun/pre-exercise-stretching-and-injuries.htm)

Seems like I've been 'exercising' properly all long!

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox

I don't think there is any great mystery. We've worn some players out and signed others having had injury problems elsewhere. We've then tried rushing a few back into the team at the earliest opportunity perhaps before they were ready. No surprises either that two of our latest additions broke down already, because they hadn't played for a long time.