Mass squeeze on the Kop last night.

Its was due to all the smokers down both sides trying not to get wet stood further up under cover. If you cant smoke and get wet dont bother smoking. I got wet walking down to bottom of the Kop going for a wee wee. Came up the back steps to the top of the kop and still they were trying to get down off the Kop. They should stick the smokers right down at bottom near turnstiles imo not near bogs and food outlets.

Some right moaners on here.

Been on kop when there's been 12k in ground and when there's been over 40k numerous times.

Stood on open kop in some real bad weather,but back then it was about the game not about what to do at half time,if you needed bog you went and came back.None of this must have a pie,pint or whatever is on offer. 

It's 15 mins of the match day experience,have summat to eat and drink before and after game.

Too many of our fan base just want to beat our club up by moaning at problems that are not really there.

If you want to be able to go to bog without bumping into a crowd,smokers and anything else that irritates you,watch it at home from your sofa.

16 minutes ago, wiltonowl said:

Been on kop when there's been 12k in ground and when there's been over 40k numerous times.

Stood on open kop in some real bad weather,but back then it was about the game not about what to do at half time,if you needed bog you went and came back.None of this must have a pie,pint or whatever is on offer. 

It's 15 mins of the match day experience,have summat to eat and drink before and after game.

Too many of our fan base just want to beat our club up by moaning at problems that are not really there.

If you want to be able to go to bog without bumping into a crowd,smokers and anything else that irritates you,watch it at home from your sofa.

I agree with the sentiment but the behaviour of fans has changed over time. Fans do now want a pint, pie etc. Sadly this wasn't factored in when the Kop was built. Back then the concept of the supporter experience didn't exist. This is why a lot of clubs have moved ground, because it allows them to maximise income. Don't get me wrong though, my preference will always be to stay at Hillsborough and redevelop as far as possible. 

On 05/03/2019 at 07:08, nilsson said:

Makes you wonder how we used to get 20,000 on there in the days when it was standing.

There’s not enough bars on the kop either (or staff working on the bars). Unless you leave your seat about 10 minutes before the end of the first half, getting a beer at half time is virtually impossible 

It was more like 25-30,000 for the really big games.

I don’t think I used to bother trying to go anywhere at HT back then.

(I also didn’t need to wee wee every 30m like I do now when I’ve had a drink)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wiltonowl said:

If smoking wasnt banned it wouldnt have happen on monday because they would have been smoking during the match. They are right wet arses, bit of rain and they are all bunched up under what cover they can get.

1 hour ago, NYCOWL said:

It was more like 25-30,000 for the really big games.

I don’t think I used to bother trying to go anywhere at HT back then.

(I also didn’t need to wee wee every 30m like I do now when I’ve had a drink)

I know..... folk moan about owt...Remember the Old Eastbank wiv them brown guttered toilets that couldn't take the amount of micturation...(Good luck wiv that yer B* stard swear filter)

that ran down 'em...

You waded through it ..laughing as you went..like you were at Cleethorpes...big dock martins splashing it up your legs..bloody milk sops...

10 minutes ago, barmyowl1212 said:

If smoking wasnt banned it wouldnt have happen on monday because they would have been smoking during the match. They are right wet arses, bit of rain and they are all bunched up under what cover they can get.

Drop of rain can play havoc with a cigarette. Absolute nightmare scenario for a smoker.

3 hours ago, wiltonowl said:

Perhaps some want to put money back in by buying food and drink , perhaps some need a drink after a long journey. Glad you have no problems though , I don’t think the kop is set up to cater for big crowds but hey that’s me , perhaps it’s my age !!! 

27 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

It was everywhere as well.

When they used to eulogize the old wembley nobody mentioned the streams of wee wee trickling down the steps at Half Time

Matchday experience mate...

Dunno what fans want now....They seem surprised that theres someone actually SAT behind 'em...or next to 'em....

" I was actualy "Jostled" on my way out of Hillsborough this afternoon...Its simply not good enough!!"

Wrote Mr Precious to "Tell it to Tony" in the Green 'un" tonight

He went on to to say...

"I don't go to a football match to be sat next to somebody else....and have to actually say "Excuse me" as I make my way in or out of the ground, You don't have your own space, people jump up and down...and in some cases actually ..Shout out loud!!!!!"

One next to me on the Kop one day...and I'm sorry to have to say this about a fellow Wednesday fan..spoke with his mouth full of pie as Forestieri was brought down....a mouthful of PIE!!!..He spoke with his mouth full!!!!!!!..Uncouth yobbery!!!!"

I moved to The South recently as it looked quite respectable and was sat next to a lovely old lad..He said to me...."I may need the toilet..."..So polite he was...No jostling...

I replied...

"Then I will stand up my dear fellow and give you egress to the lavatorial facilities..."

He said...

"Its Ok mate...ive finished!"...Then offered me a Werthers!!!

I mean what in the name of all thats Holy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 2

On 05/03/2019 at 08:26, Rogers said:

People are fatter these days 

I've noticed after half time there's less room, probably with people stuffing themselves and bloating their fat bellys out, same with Tango in his corner after half time, less room around him, till he farts. 

On 05/03/2019 at 20:02, prowl said:

When I was a lad people didn't bother going to the toilets, the bloke in fronts coat pocket was used. The Kop was all standing back then.

(1960's) seen it happen a few times.

Damn. For years I thought my ice-pop had melted.

• Haha 1