Mass squeeze on the Kop last night.

Perhaps if the stewards kept the walkways clear so there was a passage through it would help. Or people could even use their own common sense and not just stand in the middle of the walkways whilst having a smoke drink or just chatting.

This happens all the time rain or no rain, big crowd or not.

An easy solution would be to just put canopies over the bits that aren't covered when it rains. 

Would stop everyone squeezing under the covered areas. 

Cos if we did go up, that would be a weekly occurrence... Oh and the kop wasn't even sold out. 

Edit... I just realised that only applies when it chucks it down, which isn't that common.. So yeah just leave it as it is I guess lol

Edited by Beholder

Two things have altered since the 'old days' of the standing era, and both cause much congestion. 

In those times you were allowed to smoke anywhere. The Law on Smoking in Public Areas means that many more go out for a fag than when you could smoke any time.

The other is that the ground used to be 'dry'. This meant that there was no need for drinking areas, bars etc.. Just the simple kiosks serving hot pies and Bovril.

Every 'advance' made inevitably has a cost.

Even on a normal match day the catering facilities are inadequate , I was really hoping Mr Chansiri would start to improve our stadium bring it up to modern standards .Yes we have the pitch and a scoreboard but it’s just been small changes elsewhere, im not sure they have improved the match day experience though .Not enough exits , space , eating and toilet facilities  It’s clear the kop needs improving but it’s not going to be cheap !!! .How did we cope back in the day with a 50k crowd now those were scary times on the kop . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Even on a normal match day the catering facilities are inadequate , I was really hoping Mr Chansiri would start to improve our stadium bring it up to modern standards .Yes we have the pitch and a scoreboard but it’s just been small changes elsewhere, im not sure they have improved the match day experience though .Not enough exits , space , eating and toilet facilities  It’s clear the kop needs improving but it’s not going to be cheap !!! .How did we cope back in the day with a 50k crowd now those were scary times on the kop . 

This is where DC and his wealth is stretched. Spending on infrastructure doesn't impact FFP so nothings stopping him like is with the team. He put the module on the training ground and mortgaged the million pound. 

• Thanks 1

It's probably bad design all round...

In the concourse, folks are queueing for a pie and a drink and, because the service isn't exactly lightning fast, the queues to the tills then block the exit of the gents' toilet. This then causes gridlock because the queue for the gents' toliet isn't moving and the traffic on the concourse grinds to a halt.

All of this backs up into the vomitorium (now there's a word!) and onto the walkway that runs across the middle of the Kop. This means that the steps down to your seat are blocked because nobody can move.

I appreciate that I am of a certain age and therefore my body clock has become a calendar but twenty minutes for a jimmy riddle is even beyond my expectations.

8 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Lost the Mrs for ages at HT . Said it was chaos and very frightening . Not been an advocate for a new ground but after last night it's something we seriously have to consider. The concourse areas on the kop were horrendous start to finish. Sounds like similar on North. And we all know that the West stand is close to being condemned. 

Plenty of people would pay good money for that

• Haha 1

It pains me to say it but this just feels like another nail in Hillsborough's coffin. 

We now have three stands unfit for purpose, we'd require a new tunnel, new refs dressing room, new press facilities immediately upon promotion. Oh and we have a corner stand with missing seats. 

Guest addedtime
43 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Do you drink? 

I do, but I don't congregate in narrow corridors and force others to partake in it. It's a wall of smoke you have to walk through. Tramps.

3 hours ago, VBQ24 said:

It pains me to say it but this just feels like another nail in Hillsborough's coffin. 

We now have three stands unfit for purpose, we'd require a new tunnel, new refs dressing room, new press facilities immediately upon promotion. Oh and we have a corner stand with missing seats. 

The north is unfit for purpose? 

And im sure if the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth can manage then we can make the necessary improvements once we have the PL money. 

47 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

The north is unfit for purpose? 

And im sure if the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth can manage then we can make the necessary improvements once we have the PL money. 

Hope so mate

Put some more steps on that daft grass bank..same under the Kop...concrete it over...make it a smoking area...nowhere else..outta the way, doesn't effect the flow up and down .

I honestly don't know why some bother coming...theres plenty drink mainly all afternoon under the Kop...f.ookin' just listenin' lol

The Kop needs extending back to the road. All that dead space between the Kop and the turnstiles would provide plenty of concourses and food and drink outlets and toilets. the problem is the Kop isnt a normal stand , its essentially just concrete steps on a banking. 

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

The Kop needs extending back to the road. All that dead space between the Kop and the turnstiles would provide plenty of concourses and food and drink outlets and toilets. the problem is the Kop isnt a normal stand , its essentially just concrete steps on a banking. 

Like with most things, our former board of directors were pretty short sighted (stingy) when they roofed the Kop in the 80’s. Should have totally flattened it and gone for a cantilever stand.