Got to agree with the op here, i thought he hid on a few occasions along with some awful Set pieces.

In the first half there was holes for him to drop into but chose not to go there,  making Arrons, Iorfa & Palmer play the ball backwards.

Unfortunately it has to be abot a 5 from me.

18 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Bannan did everything asked of him in a 2 Man midfield tonight.

We all keep saying it but we are missing Lee in every department...he makes everyone become better players, and it’s not because he’s been out for months he just makes us play like we’ve got 12 men.

Pigs have a team full of grafters with a bit of quality in Norwood, I can’t stand Wilder but the system they play is top drawer 

So top drawer they seem to have great difficulty beating our mid table side in the last three attempts.

They really didn’t look any better than the last 3 or four teams to visit Hillsborough.

Match them for effort and they’re done.

Sorry but that was realIy not anywhere near his best tonight - summed up by that free kick in a really dangerous position 10 yards outside their box by the byline in front of the South in the second half. Great opportunity to swing a decent delivery in and he tries a "cute" (i.e. b l o o d y awful) short ball to Aarons - conceded  possession and they broke.   Most of his set pieces were poor tonight

What concerns me is that it is a bit of a pattern from him in the really big recent season defining games ( eg the last 4 derbies, Hull at Wembley and both legs against Hudds). Talented and skillful player no doubt but you'd need to be blinkered not to say he was under par tonight

Heresy for me to say this I know....

5 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Do wish he’d stop taking the set pieces. When was his last decent delivery?

They were particularly poor tonight. In stark contrast to the Utd fella who was whipping in one quality delivery after another.

I'll not slate him, but not at his best. 

Started the season really really well, but is maye suffering a little now Bruce is here due to us trying to get others around him to step up and build more as a team, rather than just give him the ball and hope he'll create something for us like we had been doing.

We were too predictable and easy for the opposition to nullify him and they'd nullify him. We need reach to step up and take control of games too and once Nando is fully fit, the same of him as he's capable we all know that. 

6 hours ago, kingsidney said:

Did they show the stats on failed set pieces?

yeah get rid because they tried to be inventive.  boooo, typical owlstalk response.

hes the smallest guy in the ground. hes hardly gonna go up for the corners/set pieces.

always need a scapegoat, some people should seriously stop going to football.

Not his best game, but a decent hard-working contribution non the less.

We've literally nothing else to make a change in midfield anyway and increasingly the same for attacking options with Joao and now FF out.

We can fill a bench, but most understand it's a pointless exercise as those players are well short of what is required. 

Harsh to suggest he was hiding but clearly not one of his better games. The midfield area was incredibly congested with forwards dropping deep etc so it did make it very difficult for the creative players to shine. That said Norwood managed to be effective so it was possible. 

One of those nights where the game passed him by more than anything else. Even Bruce said as much on the radio afterwards. Not as good as he can be last night but we didnt lose and we would have taken the point had it been anyone else in 3rd coming to Hillsborough.

7 hours ago, Blatter said:

So top drawer they seem to have great difficulty beating our mid table side in the last three attempts.

They really didn’t look any better than the last 3 or four teams to visit Hillsborough.

Match them for effort and they’re done.

This exactly 100%. Said to my mate last night all you need to do is press them  and prevent them playing the short passes from the defence to Norwood, once that game plans out of the window they resort to hoofing it up field. Only thing I will say is they look very organised at the back but then again so did we. Just shows though that them lot are chasing top 2 and yet looked very ordinary. 

Makes an excellent point. Play a team half decent and he just hides. Always looks available but never wants or is actually willing to take the ball under any sort of pressure. 

It was pretty much the third or fourth point that Bruce made, though in a different manner. Guess Bruce also turned up, chatted some shyte am and then went home. 

Some on here are fully aware of how much I rate Bannan, however I have to say I was very disappointed last night. 2 or 3 occasions when we broke forward and he closed off angles and didn’t look like make a 5 yard dart to once side to open up an angle for a pass and to receive the ball, I have to say, it looked like hiding to me. Not going to lie.

Bannen is our most gifted player, and I include FF in that. 

He doesn’t turn it on every week and does too many Hollywood passes, but there is a reason why he is at our level and no higher. 

The pundits all seem to rate him, and while sometimes they pick him out because it’s the easiest thing to do, they know more than i do about football. 

As a side note, has anyone noticed how much better we have been playing lately with Hutch becoming almost a box to box type of player for us.

I have said it a few times on here that a box to box midfielder is must if playing Bannan in the middle as part of a 2.

Box to Box type player in the middle enables Bannan to sit deep as he prefers, while we don't have to completely sacrifice the whole middle of the park to the opposition by playing 2 deep lying players.

Before Hutchinson's little change of play style, playing both Bannan and Hutch meant teams usually dominated us in the middle and were camped in our half.

Still would like to see more options brought info the middle in the summer.