So, about that Hector and Madine incident...

Sky as usual wanted to make controversy out of nothing.

basham fouled hector to stop him getting to Madine in the first place - even wilder couldn’t bring himself to go on about it.

7 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Did anybody see Madine go to ground holding his face when he wasn’t caught there?? Blatant cheating.

Thisnwas a separate incident later on in the half.

Yes. Saw that too...... what a ***....they were going down all the time looking for free kicks to hoof into our box. That was their game plan.

First time ive seen pigs this season...how on earth are they up there ??

Got to be honest, looks 90% a pen to me -  think that Madine goes down a bit easy after the initial grabbing. 

As there’s not many other players around the two, it stands out a bit. 

Had it been in the middle of a big scrum, it would be less noticeable. 

Ref wasn't perfect, but got most of the key decisions right including the penalty appeal.

How they got away with the challenge on Hutch was beyond me, other than their player feigning injury to get out of it.

Hutch glared at him like he was gonna murder him when getting up, and didn't want to make up on the sideline either - he's a lucky lad.

Watching Madine huff and puff through another Championship football match tonight really did take me back.

So glad we don’t have to watch rubbish like him anymore, the only headlines he’ll ever create will be from smacking folk down town.

Madine is always going down and on his arse and then whinging about it.

I used to hate watching him at Hillsborough, weak as a kitten.  Always getting pushed around.  

Vastly overrated footballer.  Why Cardiff bought him I'll never know...then again.

If you look at what Hector did against Madine in isolation ignoring the foul on him then strictly it's a penalty . Thing is though this type of thing goes on  in every penalty box every time theres a set piece situation  and referees  rarely give penalties. If they did there’d be multiple penalties every match.

Definitely not a pen.

Hector is being pushed by Bashem and dragged by Madine which results in him being completely off-balance. Madine is still tugging on Hector's collar all the way to the ground. Meanwhile, there are 2 other fouls on Wednesday players, including that tail-end Billy Blunt's standard obstruction of Westwood.

We've all seen pens given after physicality like that, but the initial foul was against Hector, not by him.

You can see why they get given so many pens. You could argue that we're sometimes a bit too honest in the opposition box, but I'd rather we were a little bit naive than a bunch of cynical, cheating swill-swallowers.

Happens multiple times in a game, sick of sky banging on about it. 

Could have been a pen, could have been a free kick for bashams foul, could also have been *** for tat given madines shirt pulling during the incident. 

As Hector said, it's a contact sport, wasn't given and they hardly appealed vociferously at the time.

Edited by striker