George Boyd

17 minutes ago, Yoshihiro Sunbeam said:

Definitely happened more than once.

Agree we should have had a free kick for Westy being fouled but we aren't scoring from a free kick in our own box.

Chances are they will score from the spot.

I'm sure those diving twits had a pen at The Lane. Didn't work out too well for them. 

:Sid:

Guest wilyfox

Boyd is spent. He runs about a fair bit, but he's always off the pace. Probly still on the pitch now chasing the same ball he tried for an hour ago. 

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Yet here you are exactly that, a season ticket holder sat in the stands talking testicles whilst a manager with the second most promotions makes the decisions. 

There is a reason your sat sat in the stands for 35 years, because your a fan, a fan like most hasn’t a clue. 

I dont mind people having opinions, right or wrong but to slag any of our players when we have played well is just testicles, absolute testicles. And your from penistone which makes your opinion even less valid. 

Can't argue with idiots, goodnight you tail

21 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I wouldn't have trusted that clampit to blow for anything.

I watched the game with a lifelong Man U fan. 

His half time view was that the only discernable difference between us and them was that those cave dwellers were in the officials ear at every opportunity. 

A shame we haven't got much else to chelp about.

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

He isn’t a forward, he worked hard but like fletcher and FF and billy the pig and madine they were all very quiet.  

He wasn't played as a forward and I never said he is one.

He didn't work hard at all.

FF covered three times as much ground as Boyd did.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Im from Sheffield , I’m not from Barnsley and certainly not penistone.

anyhow thought you were going to bed? Your sister who is also your mum will be waiting for you. 

Go and have some sweet dreams about which player your goi g to slag off next match. 

Im from Sheffield you wee pipe, live in Penistone away from you flipping pikeys in Barnsley (see your own profile wee pipe head)

• Haha 1

Just now, 2roland2 said:

No he didn’t,  boyd wasn’t great, but he covered ground, FF wasn’t great but he covered ground, Fletcher wasn’t great but he covered ground. 

Fletcher did fine considering he didn't have much support.

He held up the ball well and won a few headers, but as our wide players and Boyd were not close enough to him they came to nothing.

FF was the only one to press. The wide players and Boyd had a very poor work ethic.

45 minutes ago, Yoshihiro Sunbeam said:

Lol.

On what basis should we have won?

Had one decent chance all evening and were completely outclassed second half. Not to mention they should have had a penalty every time we defended a set piece due to Hector holding.

FF was the only one who pressed first half. 

When they were passing it between their centre backs, Aarons just stood still whilst FF was chasing them down.

On topic, Boyd was an absolute disgrace and should never wear the shirt again.

I can't remember being outclassed at anytime in that match.... I thought FF did well first halve. Boyd  wants fůčking off and has done for 2 seasons... Horrible player and really bad hair

Thought something needed to change FF worked hard but he was too deep it isn’t his game so I understood the sub 

I also thought reach and Aaron’s was showing signs of getting in those gaps out wide and round the back so pushing Boyd out there and moving them in wouldn’t be an option 

Boyd runs and hastles that was his job 

but we didn’t play much in that space so maybe he did his job that’s why he wasn’t effective 

it was a bad game 

overall I think they edged it but not a major threat we had spells Hutchinson should have won it and kudos to Palmer again switching to left back then to right whilst we was under pressure thought he played well 

53 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

May be an unpopular opinion but I really want to see the back of the likes of Reach and Boyd. 

Weak, gutless, poor in the tackle and only mediocre pace as well as being too scared to get injured. 

Jones, abdi, Boyd can all go for me. 

Reach though, I want to see what Bruce can do with him before binning him off. 

He's too similar for me to Joao, weak for his stature, about as much bite as a pensioner thats lost his falsies,gets bullied out of the game way too easy and if not is just too inconsistent with performances. 

That said though on their day and filled with confidence both can be match winners easily, so it's just about if Bruce can instill that grit and aggression in them, we'll have to wait and see. 

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

He was put on to keep some shape and give the United back four less time on the ball. 

FF hasn’t got a hamstring injury imo, I think he just doesn’t do what the manager wants and was brought off.  You can’t press high with one striker; FF is playing too deep all the time. 

FF will be sold

We didn't want to press high tonight. We let them have the ball and just cut off the out balls. That was blindingly obvious.

Of course he's injured. He was playing well. You're right about Boyd's role though and I thought he did it reasonably well.

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Think you need to watch it again, Fletcher is a great player but he won fizz all tonight , FF didn’t link up at all and did exactly what Boyd Did, which is chase the u tied back line around. 

The way the pigs play they move the ball around the back line making forwards chase down nothingness, they do it well. 

Defences were on top it’s that s8mple, none of our front players did fizz all , neither did theirs. 

He won plenty first half.

FF didn't do much offensively but he put their defence under pressure with his energy.

Boyd didn't do that.

Their back three could have gained possession, retied their laces, waved to Wilder, then passed and Boyd wouldn't have been within ten yards of them.

Shocking performance.