George Boyd

5 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Should have won... very solid. 

Lol.

On what basis should we have won?

Had one decent chance all evening and were completely outclassed second half. Not to mention they should have had a penalty every time we defended a set piece due to Hector holding.

2 minutes ago, Rogers said:

He was put on to keep some shape and give the United back four less time on the ball. 

FF hasn’t got a hamstring injury imo, I think he just doesn’t do what the manager wants and was brought off.  You can’t press high with one striker; FF is playing too deep all the time. 

FF will be sold

FF was the only one who pressed first half. 

When they were passing it between their centre backs, Aarons just stood still whilst FF was chasing them down.

On topic, Boyd was an absolute disgrace and should never wear the shirt again.

3 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

May be an unpopular opinion but I really want to see the back of the likes of Reach and Boyd. 

Weak, gutless, poor in the tackle and only mediocre pace as well as being too scared to get injured. 

Reach??? A good player and Bruce will get him playing properly 

Boyd is past it and will be out in the summer.

5 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Thought exactly the same...absolute waste of a shirt toneet. Wandered around a bit like a lost soul, a bit like Aarons in the first half. Thankfully he (Aarons) showed a bit more willing in the second half.

I thought Aaron’s was our only creative spark. I thought his pace and delivery was threatening in both halves, not just the second half.

9 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

All the things you can talk about tonight you single out this,   flipping hell

I have posted in other threads.. we've done really well. We've been solid, we've looked like we could get a goal occasionally against an organised side... 

I merely point out Boyd because unlike every other player I felt he added nothing. Matias's problem is he doesn't have a defensive bone is his body.

Edited by Spondon Owl

Was a safe option from bruce and the only thing he got wrong tonight. Boyd doesnt deserve criticism he works hard its just the legs have gone. 

Matias or nuhiu would have been the better options, no ones favourite players but matias works hard enough and is capable of offering a genuine threat in behind as he doesnt run like hes towing a caravan. Personally id have gone with nuhiu, he could have played up top and fletch is more than capable of playing the link role, the game was pretty likely to be decided by a set piece and at least nuhiu offers something in both boxes.

1 minute ago, Spondon Owl said:

I have posted in other threads.. we've done really well. We've been solid, we've looked like we could get a goal occasionally against an organised side... 

I merely point out Boyd because unlike every other player I felt he added nothing. Matias's problem is he doesn't have a defensive bone is his body.

I think with Matias, it’s more a case of not holding our shape He’s certainly prepared to chase back, and offers far more than Boyd. A strange substitution 

Boyd was the only option.

It's sad to say but we had no other options who are willing to put in a shift.

Matias can but not for 45 mins...he switches off too much at vital times.

Boyd was awful though...probs has 3 or 4 touches at best.

Edited by darra

14 minutes ago, Yoshihiro Sunbeam said:

. Not to mention they should have had a penalty every time we defended a set piece due to Hector holding.

FF was the only one who pressed first half. 

They should have had one pen.

But we should have had a free kick every time they got a corner because of Sharp fouling Westwood for 92 minutes.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

They should have had one pen.

But we should have had a free kick every time they got a corner because of Sharp fouling Westwood for 92 minutes.

...Hector was held back by the other United player. That would have been the foul the ref would have blown for I reckon.