Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, agentwalker said:

he's more suited to a team that likes to build up slowly where he doesn't have to use his pace. Never suited to a counter-attacking game as we played in the 2nd half.

 

Can run all day mind and puts the effort in unlike some of our so-called better players.

If that was my top speed then I’m pretty sure I could run all day. The pace is more of a fast walk but slower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have said it once, and I will say it again 

he runs like he is towing a caravan. 

One good game so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LittleG said:

The game last night would have been too intense for Matias, the game would have passed him by.

 

It certainly passed Boyd by, so surely better to 'take a risk' on Matias.

 

To me it was an utterly bewildering substitution. Fair enough if Nando had to go off, but Boyd? He doesn't have the pace to be effective in closing down or when making counterattacks. Matias does. So why pick Boyd?

 

Or go for Nuhiu, who can close down as well as Boyd can, might win 1 in 10 balls forward (better than Boyd's 0), and would be an asset defending our own box, given how many set pieces we were giving away.

 

I just don't know what Bruce was trying to do by putting Boyd on, it certainly didn't have any positive effect that I saw.

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, hawksmore said:

May be an unpopular opinion but I really want to see the back of the likes of Reach and Boyd. 

 

Weak, gutless, poor in the tackle and only mediocre pace as well as being too scared to get injured. 

 

 

Yep, unpopular with me for one.  Reach is a quality act in this team.  Sure that SB knows how to get the best from him, and if he can't, he'll go...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

Yep, unpopular with me for one.  Reach is a quality act in this team.  Sure that SB knows how to get the best from him, and if he can't, he'll go...

Think Reach is well worth keeping. Fair enough he neshes a few tackles but he creates and creates space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Think Reach is well worth keeping. Fair enough he neshes a few tackles but he creates and creates space.

 

Was really surprised that it was him that sprinted back from the edge of the United area to make a saving intervention on the edge of our area.

 

So.. credit to him for doing it..

But the fact I was surprised sort of says it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Please tell me his contract is up at the end of the season? 

I really thought Boyd & Mattias would start putting in big performances to win a new contract - like JJ & Big Dave (and if you believe the snipers Liam Palmer) - it seems they can't even be arsed to do that.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cookeh said:

 

It certainly passed Boyd by, so surely better to 'take a risk' on Matias.

 

To me it was an utterly bewildering substitution. Fair enough if Nando had to go off, but Boyd? He doesn't have the pace to be effective in closing down or when making counterattacks. Matias does. So why pick Boyd?

 

Or go for Nuhiu, who can close down as well as Boyd can, might win 1 in 10 balls forward (better than Boyd's 0), and would be an asset defending our own box, given how many set pieces we were giving away.

 

I just don't know what Bruce was trying to do by putting Boyd on, it certainly didn't have any positive effect that I saw.

 

To be honest they are all nearly as bad as one another. I agree that Boyd struggled when he came on but from what I have seen from Matias I don't think he would have been up for the fight. As for Nuihu, he's far slower than Boyd so not sure he would have made much impact in either closing player's down or having an impact up front. Our options from the bench were very poor to say the least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

 

 

 

So wait wait on you can’t find the stats but your claiming you are right based on not knowing the stats, 

 

well bravo, and indeed game over, I can’t argue with idiots, that was a lesson my grandad taught me at a very early age

Your grandad was a grade A idiot. He was also you great aunt, your third cousin and your next door neighbours budgie.

 

The only thing I was wrong about was thinking the stats Sky put up were for the whole of the second half.

 

Boyd was rubbish. The majority in this thread agree.

 

The stats prove it.

 

The stats also prove that the pigs back three had some of the best passing accuracy stats despite you claiming they spent the whole of the second half going long and losing the ball.

 

I was aware of this as I watched the game whilst you spent your evening trying to start a fight with a lamp post before wandering back to your hut and talking cr@p on an internet forum.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

 

I would also say that if indeed the back three have that passing accuracy it’s because they are tapping the ball around the edge of their box, that’s how they play,  the only difference between their usual game and last night was we stopped them playing further out,  they ended up,passing around at the back for a while then lumping it up.  

 

Just go go and watch the game, it’s their for you to see, we stopped them playing it out and only allowed them to fizz about on the edge of their own box.  

 

Anyhow its like talki g to a brick wall you were adamant last night about Posseion stats which would have meant we hardly touched the ball for the entire second half.  It’s like platting fog 

Can you post that again please.

 

This time in English.

 

If the finger coming out of the palm of your hand is making you type gibberish, then stick a pencil in your mouth and use that to hit the keys.

 

I'll try and respond to the bits I can make out.

 

So they 'tapped' the ball around the edge of their box, yet Boyd did a good job?

 

We went from 50-50 at half time to 41-59 because we were effectively playing with ten men and missed FF's energy and pressing.

 

FF was injured and by no means had his best game but he was far more effective than Boyd.

 

 

Edited by Yoshihiro Sunbeam
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I have said it once, and I will say it again 

he runs like he is towing a caravan. 

One good game so far

His hair makes him look like he lives in a caravan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rogers said:

He was put on to keep some shape and give the United back four less time on the ball. 

 

FF hasn’t got a hamstring injury imo, I think he just doesn’t do what the manager wants and was brought off.  You can’t press high with one striker; FF is playing too deep all the time. 

 

FF will be sold

I saw FF grab hold of his hamstring just before half time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s past it sadly - like many a player we have bought over the years

 

..should have signed him about 5 years ago.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Yoshihiro Sunbeam said:

Can you post that again please.

 

This time in English.

 

If the finger coming out of the palm of your hand is making you type gibberish, then stick a pencil in your mouth and use that to hit the keys.

 

I'll try and respond to the bits I can make out.

 

So they 'tapped' the ball around the edge of their box, yet Boyd did a good job?

 

We went from 50-50 at half time to 41-59 because we were effectively playing with ten men and missed FF's energy and pressing.

 

FF was injured and by no means had his best game but he was far more effective than Boyd.

 

 

 

Dear oh dear,  you really are a quarterwit, once again I will say, you can’t win an argument against idiots, 

 

good luck for the rest of your life sunbeam, im pretty sure your going to need it 

Edited by 2roland2
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

 

Dear oh dear,  you really are a quarterwit, once again I will say, you can’t win an argument against idiots, 

 

good luck for the rest of your life sunbeam, im pretty sure your going to need it 

You spelt you're wrong, but other than that it's readable.

 

Good lad for taking my advice and putting a pencil in your gob.

 

Now have a stab at countering my points.

Edited by Yoshihiro Sunbeam
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yoshihiro Sunbeam said:

You spelt you're wrong but other than that it was readable.

 

Good lad for taking my advice and putting a pencil in your gob.

 

Now have a stab at countering my points.

 

I have already explained to you multiple times, and tbh I would rather poke my eyes out with a rusty knife than spend another evening arguing with someone who doesn’t even know the second half stats, I explained possession from them was around their own area about four times.

 

last im going to engage with you because you really are a bit simple 

  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yoshihiro Sunbeam said:

You spelt you're wrong, but other than that it's readable.

 

Good lad for taking my advice and putting a pencil in your gob.

 

Now have a stab at countering my points.

 

I take it back just a few more posts seeing as though you are correcting me...... brb

  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yoshihiro Sunbeam said:

You spelt you're wrong, but other than that it's readable.

 

Good lad for taking my advice and putting a pencil in your gob.

 

Now have a stab at countering my points.

 

It isn’t gob it’s mouth

  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

 

I have already explained to you multiple times, and tbh I would rather poke my eyes out with a rusty knife than spend another evening arguing with someone who doesn’t even know the second half stats, I explained possession from them was around their own area about four times.

 

last im going to engage with you because you really are a bit simple 

At least have a stab at defending Boyd after the stats I posted.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just opened this thread and can't be bothered to go through 10 pages reading every comment so not sure what I've missed......but I have to agree with the OP,  Boyd offers absolutely nothing and hasn't for sometime. He jogs round as though he's out for a leisurely stroll, day dreaming and watching time go by.  May as well play with 10.  I don't understand what anyone on the coaching staff see in him. Not much option on the bench in general last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...