Wilder not too confident???

Cought a little snippet on the radio on the drive  into work this morning on radio hallam. 

Imagine my suprise at that jealous, bitter little fat man actually giving us and Bruce some praise, must be the first time he's ever muttered a good word about anything wednesday even through gritted teeth???. 

Hmmm makes me wonder if he's not feeling too confident they can beat us on our own patch. They've not been good enough last two occasions when we've come into the game with zero form, confidence and a war zones worth of injuries and I don't think he's smart enough to play maind games, so maybe jabba the pig is feeling a little scared of getting beat lol

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat

I think the opposite. He seems over confident to me. Just assumes that if we don't park the bus they will walk straight through us. We won't park the bus but then we don't have 14 injuries either. Difficult to call this one . 

Obviously, if we get a victory, we will have cheated by playing those good players Jos discarded, and spending money on more loans when we are flagrantly ignoring FFP / P&S.

Sod it, let's carry on cheating.

Edited by theowlsman

2 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

I think the opposite. He seems over confident to me. Just assumes that if we don't park the bus they will walk straight through us. We won't park the bus but then we don't have 14 injuries either. Difficult to call this one . 

We've gained the three things we havnt had in any of the last three derbies, which looking at us will concern him I'm sure. Normally they've bullied us last few occasions, but this time hutch is fit, Iorfa and Hector are big strong physical units, fletcher can easily hold is own too, so especially at the back we're far more robust than we have been. 

The second one is pace, we can now break quickly with pace down the wings like they've done to us recently, so another concern for him to think about . 

Number three a solid, very good championship manager which no disrespect to Carlos or jos, but Bruce is a massive upgrade and a totally different class motivation and tactics wise to those two. 

So to be truthfull, he's got several reasons this Time round to be less confident and more concerned about the threat we pose than any of the last 3 derbies. 

5 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Mind games. Inside he knows they've got a good chance of turning us over but won't want to say it. It's a hard game to call, derbies always are, and anyone who makes a prediction will probably be wrong. 

He's supremely confident his proud united heroes who would play for minimum wage so long as they wear the shirt will beat our £40k per week underachieving mercenaries.

3 minutes ago, southportdc said:

They should beat us, they're 17 points ahead of us.

Wilder works best as an underdog, so he's not keen to point that out. 

The thing is though bud, form coming into the game suggests we're pretty even over the last 12 games or so and we're unbeaten home and away in 7 with a big improvement in form. 

• Like 1

We've got nothing to fear, they're beatable and suspect when they're under pressure (see Villa as proof). The only difference between them and us up to press has been Wilder, and he's got them punching well above their weight with players that have never performed at this level at other clubs (Billy Sharp, for example, has been woeful at this level for other teams).

Get into em Wednesday!

Of course he's worried as are all the Pigs

They've been lucky as until now they've not had to face Hutch or FF in any of the derbys and we normally go into them with zero confidence and form 

This time is different, we have Bruce leading us, both FF & Hutch fit and raring to go and we're unbeaten in 7 and still have a chance of the playoffs

Edited by IWEDFM

3 minutes ago, BigTavowl said:

I always had Warnock down as the most punchable bloke to ever manager that rabble, but Wilder is above and beyond with his bitter an twisted ramblings. 

A certified vinegary!

I dont mind warnock now .but cant stand wilder most arragant fat little c*** ive ever heard

8 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Of course he's worried as are all the Pigs

They've been lucky as until now they've not had to face Hutch or FF in any of the derbys and we normally go into them with zero confidence and form 

This time is different, we have Bruce leading us, both FF & Hutch fit and raring to go and we're unbeaten in 7 and still have a chance of the playoffs

As I said earlier well have two big huge scarey barnstorming units at the back for the first time since the mind the gap season in Iorfa & hector. Back then didn't we have llera, gardiner and reda? 

10 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

As I said earlier well have two big huge scarey barnstorming units at the back for the first time since the mind the gap season in Iorfa & hector. Back then didn't we have llera, gardiner and reda? 

Danny Batth. Think Gardiner joined us season after in championship 

44 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Mind games. Inside he knows they've got a good chance of turning us over but won't want to say it. It's a hard game to call, derbies always are, and anyone who makes a prediction will probably be wrong. 

There are only 3 outcomes, so i would imagine someone will get it right :Sid:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

The thing is though bud, form coming into the game suggests we're pretty even over the last 12 games or so and we're unbeaten home and away in 7 with a big improvement in form. 

I agree, but if it wasn't a derby you'd say they should be beating a mid-table side to go into the top 2. 

Wilder motivates his players by casting them as underdogs who win through better spirit/effort. Saying they're favourites puts the pressure back on them, and he doesn't like it.