Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Terry Curran 

Andy McColough 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tudgay,loved scoring against the scrubbers,but the screamer he hit at the sty was worthy of winning any match,think he scored 3 times against them from memory

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

The Chief - Efan Ekoku. 2 Goals v Sheffield United in league Cup in 2000.

I remember a bloke I have never seen before or since hugging me like I was a long lost brother when he scored his winner

 

_1678650_ekoku300.jpg

 

Went on the pitch when he scored that night and grabbed him but he was reyt sweaty so settled for a cuddle with Derek Geary.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We lost, but Gerald Sibon for one of the greatest goals I have ever seen at S6 vs them c2002.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cog.jpg.987a2e4b8f1a384c8407e105392c7d30.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

Them lot have had plenty play for them over the years.

 

 

*Sorry, misread title.

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

The Chief - Efan Ekoku. 2 Goals v Sheffield United in league Cup in 2000.

I remember a bloke I have never seen before or since hugging me like I was a long lost brother when he scored his winner

 

_1678650_ekoku300.jpg

Yes, I remember it well, I've still got your wallet.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BigBlueDan said:

Ian Hendon

Was going to say the same. My first derby at Bramall Lane. I was in upper tier and was the first time I ever sat on (or stood next to) wooden seats. I think only other club I've been to with wooden seats is Burnley, and that was about 5 years ago.

 

Poor game. Can't remember their goal, but an Ian Hendon deflected free kick equaliser makes him a Wednesday legend for me :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Was going to say the same. My first derby at Bramall Lane. I was in upper tier and was the first time I ever sat on (or stood next to) wooden seats. I think only other club I've been to with wooden seats is Burnley, and that was about 5 years ago.

 

Poor game. Can't remember their goal, but an Ian Hendon deflected free kick equaliser makes him a Wednesday legend for me :biggrin:

 

Sheffield United goal was a penalty just after half time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

Scored in the 1-0 win in 2008, JJ got sent off for a second yellow

 

Was that the one where JJ booted a water bottle into the crowd when subbed and they had to call him back to send him off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the names not mentioned yet, Akpo Sodje.  Absolutely bullied dem pigs.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite enjoyed Tommy Spurr lashing one in after about a minute

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Owl At Risk said:

Adam Bolder worth a mention?

 

From his brief loan spell with us I largely remember him as a steady, if somewhat uninspirational player....but he was immense in that game at theirs the season before we did the double, when he got both of our goals.

You have me worried now.

i have absolutely no recollection of him playing for us or scoring two against the pigs...and it was only just over ten years ago....

i have barely missed a game for over 47 years as well so it’s not as if I wasn’t there.

i can remember Bob Bolders debut...but not that.

Nurse!!!

Edited by upperwinngardensowl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Quote

On 8 February 2008, it was announced that Bolder would be joining fellow Championship side Sheffield Wednesday on a month's loan, which was later extended to the end of the 2007–08 season.[1] On 8 April 2008 Bolder scored his first goals in an Owls shirt, netting twice in the Steel City Derby against Sheffield United in a 2–2 draw.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy Pearce. Thumping header in front of them lot on the Lep to make it 3-1......................Legend.

 

Dogger rest of the time with us.

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

You have me worried now.

i have absolutely no recollection of him playing for us or scoring two against the pigs...and it was only just over ten years ago....

i have barely missed a game for over 47 years as well so it’s not as if I wasn’t there.

i can remember Bob Bolders debut...but not that.

Nurse!!!

Remember this game well. Songo'o tore Geary a new one that night. Should have done the double a year earlier, if not for a OG and Beattie's FK  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...