Minutes applause tonight

31 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Rip , shame she couldn’t make the Derby for one last Owls win.  UTO

i take it that downvote was by accident? I would presume no one could be that much of a shithouse

Swearing on such a touching and heartfelt post is disgusting. You really are an odious individual 

RIP fly high fellow owl 

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Why downvote it? Just why? 

I don’t know what you are talking about and let’s not disrespect the op by arguing on here. Very very poor for even you. 

I suggest you have a few days off for a while, calm down and try and gather some manners 

I apologise to the OP 

Guest Hirst1867

Ffs can you two just get a room? You're ruining every single thread.

Heartfelt sympathies to the OP, and Claire's family. Hope this happens tonight

Edited by Hirst1867

I have the greatest sympathy for the loved ones of Claire, particularly her parents - it must be devastating losing a child whatever age they are and, as a parent myself, I couldn’t bring myself around to think about such a situation. 

Sorry, this is going to sound hideous but I won’t be clapping tonight for Claire. I didn’t know her and if I know any of her family or close friends, it will be by pure coincidence. We also have a dedicated day each season for applauding fellow Owls that have left us. 

I will understand and accept if I get some hammer for posting this but please understand that it is not posted in malice, arrogance or an attempt to attract attention; I just feel that football matches are there for people to go watch football and take themselves away from their everyday pressures and not for these types of tributes. 

Sorry if this appears disrespectful. It’s the last thing I want it to be. 

My apologies to Claire’s family and friends and, of course, my condolences. 

RIP Claire

Shandy

• Like 2

Guest Hirst1867
8 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I have the greatest sympathy for the loved ones of Claire, particularly her parents - it must be devastating losing a child whatever age they are and, as a parent myself, I couldn’t bring myself around to think about such a situation. 

Sorry, this is going to sound hideous but I won’t be clapping tonight for Claire. I didn’t know her and if I know any of her family or close friends, it will be by pure coincidence. We also have a dedicated day each season for applauding fellow Owls that have left us. 

I will understand and accept if I get some hammer for posting this but please understand that it is not posted in malice, arrogance or an attempt to attract attention; I just feel that football matches are there for people to go watch football and take themselves away from their everyday pressures and not for these types of tributes. 

Sorry if this appears disrespectful. It’s the last thing I want it to be. 

My apologies to Claire’s family and friends and, of course, my condolences. 

RIP Claire

Shandy

It's a minute applause

Does it matter that you didn't know her? Is it really such a hardship to clap for a minute?

Apologies if you're actually a leper and clapping really is a hardship. Your post wasnt disrespectful. Just came across as a bit ' me me me'

Guest Theboylangers

Some very disrespectful posts in this thread.

RIP Claire, let's hope the lads put in a performance for you whilst you are watching down from above. 

4 hours ago, Hirst1867 said:

It's a minute applause

Does it matter that you didn't know her? Is it really such a hardship to clap for a minute?

Apologies if you're actually a leper and clapping really is a hardship. Your post wasnt disrespectful. Just came across as a bit ' me me me'

Dont think that was shandys intention at all and he's correct about the dedicated event. Although i agree with him, i hope Claire's  family get want they want/need but it runs the risk of a muted applause which wouldn't be great for anyone.