Wednesday - Sheff Utd (OMDT)

4 hours ago, 33 said:

Full and importantly free (given Singapore prices) mini bar on Sentosa Island

Just phoned down as they hadn't replenished all the drinks or the Pringles.

Awaiting goodies...

UTO

No alcohol where I am. Thought it would be served in the hotel at least, the closer the game gets the more willing I’d be to pay Singapore prices!

Afternoon all,

Nice one Stub.... I mean Snooty.  lol

Looking forward to this one.  Think the players will be up for it tonight.  Think we will win this, so I'm going for a 3-1 Wednesday win.  

TO VICTORY!!

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

piiiiiig.gif.92ee51bcf39e5f9639607f9f6d484e0f.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Just flipping battle tonight lads. 

I dont expect guaranteed victory, but I do want the pigs to feel they’ve been in a game. No hiding or playing for a draw, flipping up and at them. 

We have to battle and get at them tonight.

Yeah, they (United) have played in these games before, but we are now at the business end of the season.

The pressure is on them and our lot need to go out there and make them fully aware of that fact. 

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

He's now saying what terrific players we have and what a good manager we have. In a pisspoor attempt at mind games and trying to switch the pressure. 

He's as thick as pigshit. UTO.

Stayed last night at an airport hotel in Lisbon then got up at 5.00 am to walk to the Airport to board the 07.10 flight to Manchester. Arrived in Manchester at 10.00 am and managed to catch the 10.53 train direct to Sheffield. Arrived about 12.20 and after visiting family I am basically hanging round until I catch a bus to arrive at the ground at about 7.15. Why have I come all this way just to watch a football match? I guess most Owlstalk contributors will understand. I went to the home derby last season and that was when I realised Carlos had definitely lost the plot. The next two at their place I watched on a stream from Portugal. The one this season was the most bizarre as it was in Bulgarian. Not that it mattered because being battered but managing not to lose looks the same whatever language the commentators use.  Was thinking on the flight about some of the derbys I have been to in the last 45 years. The outstanding one of course was the BDM. ‘Glorious that day was it to be an Owl’  to paraphrase WilliamShakespeare. The semi at Wembley and that Waddle Free kick. ‘Wow, a thousand times wow’ to paraphrase WS again. But the only one I remember at their place is for all the wrong reasons. And Lord Snooty’s opening piece when he conjured up the image of the knuckle dragging blade helped me remember it. Some years ago I had been given four complimentary tickets for the derby at the Lane. We went to their Hospitality suite, had a slap up meal and posh seats for the match. Everything went well until kick off. After that for 80 minutes we had to endure a non stop stream of abuse and invective from the booted and suited accountants  and lawyers in the posh seats who knew we were Wednesdayites because one of them knew me slightly. We left 10 minutes from the end to avoid any aggro. I have been to some dodgy grounds with Wednesday and been abused by some serious nutcase home supporters over the years. But nothing comes close to matching that level of hatred, those bulging demented eyes and the spittle flecked faces of those nice middle class Blades. Never mind. Won’t be long now. All I ask is that the team reward us for the support we give them home and away and a repeat of the BDM would be nice. ‘To sleep to sleep perchance to dream and thrash them off the park’ to paraphrase WS again.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

This for me too, I think Warnock just loved a wind up and he was pantomime with us he doesn’t and didn’t hate us. 

Wilder on the other hand is another deluded pig, just one of the fans. 

Great manager but a cuntstain of a person, suits them well. 

I was surprised to hear that Warnock was a blunt, considering that he spent much time with the younger Wednesday players back in the mid 1960’s disco/night clubs,  I can never recall him attending a match at the Lane either.

1 minute ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

Same here,    it's as worst as having the camera up the backside for a sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy (which are both important)

Enjoyed mine. Asked them to do it again but with a bigger camera 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We have to battle and get at them tonight.

Yeah, they (United) have played in these games before, but we are now at the business end of the season.

The pressure is on them and our lot need to go out there and make them fully aware of that fact. 

Agreed. Just don’t want to see us go missing in a big game again once expectations begin to rise. This is a great chance for the team to send out a signal tonight to the rest of the league. Just give it 100% and if we come up short against 2nd in the league then so be it. 

3 minutes ago, Portugal Owl said:

Stayed last night at an airport hotel in Lisbon then got up at 5.00 am to walk to the Airport to board the 07.10 flight to Manchester. Arrived in Manchester at 10.00 am and managed to catch the 10.53 train direct to Sheffield. Arrived about 12.20 and after visiting family I am basically hanging round until I catch a bus to arrive at the ground at about 7.15. Why have I come all this way just to watch a football match? I guess most Owlstalk contributors will understand. I went to the home derby last season and that was when I realised Carlos had definitely lost the plot. The next two at their place I watched on a stream from Portugal. The one this season was the most bizarre as it was in Bulgarian. Not that it mattered because being battered but managing not to lose looks the same whatever language the commentators use.  Was thinking on the flight about some of the derbys I have been to in the last 45 years. The outstanding one of course was the BDM. ‘Glorious that day was it to be an Owl’  to paraphrase WilliamShakespeare. The semi at Wembley and that Waddle Free kick. ‘Wow, a thousand times wow’ to paraphrase WS again. But the only one I remember at their place is for all the wrong reasons. And Lord Snooty’s opening piece when he conjured up the image of the knuckle dragging blade helped me remember it. Some years ago I had been given four complimentary tickets for the derby at the Lane. We went to their Hospitality suite, had a slap up meal and posh seats for the match. Everything went well until kick off. After that for 80 minutes we had to endure a non stop stream of abuse and invective from the booted and suited accountants  and lawyers in the posh seats who knew we were Wednesdayites because one of them knew me slightly. We left 10 minutes from the end to avoid any aggro. I have been to some dodgy grounds with Wednesday and been abused by some serious nutcase home supporters over the years. But nothing comes close to matching that level of hatred, those bulging demented eyes and the spittle flecked faces of those nice middle class Blades. Never mind. Won’t be long now. All I ask is that the team reward us for the support we give them home and away and a repeat of the BDM would be nice. ‘To sleep to sleep perchance to dream and thrash them off the park’ to paraphrase WS again.

I live just 4 miles from the ground and  I can't make tonight because of a chest infection. I am well represented by my Wife, two eldest boys, my only daughter, my third oldest granddaughter and my youngest grandson. I will tell you Portugal Owl what I told them. At the end of the night, whatever the result. We will still be a Class outfit. UTO & DTB.   

13 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I live just 4 miles from the ground and  I can't make tonight because of a chest infection. I am well represented by my Wife, two eldest boys, my only daughter, my third oldest granddaughter and my youngest grandson. I will tell you Portugal Owl what I told them. At the end of the night, whatever the result. We will still be a Class outfit. UTO & DTB.   

Yes Nev,

but are we still worth twenty quid?