Wednesday - Sheff Utd (OMDT)

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm looking forward to it. For the first time in.....

Still. The nerves of apprehension have started.

I've heard this is the PIGS team.

Henderson
Basham     Egan      O'Connell
Baldock                                     Stevens
Norwood     Fleck
Dowell
McGoldrick           Sharp

I take it with a pinch of salt though, because even though the chaps a decent source I'm just convinced Mardiola will throw Madine in hoping he'll do a Clarke We'll see.

I agree, I'm also looking forward to it as opposed to dreading the last two fixtures against them. That is a strong side and they are incredibly well drilled and organised. Their fitness levels imo are better than ours and this could be a factor late on in the game. Madine will clearly feature at some point and they will be mad for it. It'll be tough but I'm going to be positive and predict a 2-1 win. Fletcher, Reach-- Sharpe. 

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Wednesday 

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Why I feel he may well play Palmer on the right in front of Iorfa like he did at Swansea. Strange move. Must have been for a reason. 

Gives us the option of 3 centre backs then aswell in the game if we need to switch.

Hmm I don't like that.. but I do like the CH flexibility.

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Seeing that.. I'm more convinced than ever we need a midfield 5 tonight.

Mind you... what the feck do I know?lol

1 hour ago, BRADDO said:

I agree, I'm also looking forward to it as opposed to dreading the last two fixtures against them. That is a strong side and they are incredibly well drilled and organised. Their fitness levels imo are better than ours and this could be a factor late on in the game. Madine will clearly feature at some point and they will be mad for it. It'll be tough but I'm going to be positive and predict a 2-1 win. Fletcher, Reach-- Sharpe. 

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Wednesday 

Agree , And I think we will.

The 4-2-3-1 we have been using though does get me slightly concerned about the centre of midfield.

I worry Bannan and Hutch might end up having to shuttle about and getting knacked.

Especially if they have a man in the hole.  Don't want Hector and Lees getting pulled out into midfield too much and leaving the angles open. Esepecially with that shitliner up top he'd revel in it.

image.png.6abad88e3997fd91f570a6bacd95ae2d.png

Of course Fernando could come back and track Fleck or Norwood but I think that's too big an ask. And he'll not be able to get goalside everytime a move breaks down. 

Besides..... that'd be a complete waste of him. We want him getting in areas to harm the pork!

I do wonder if Bruce might be tempted to got more of a 4-1-4-1/ 4-3-3. Use our wide players to pin back this lauded centre halves of theirs I keep hearing about.

Allow Htuchinson to do his enforcers job and allow Palmer and Fox (or Iorfa!) to get tigher on the wing backs.

image.png.122a0c65b4705c807e3d26a785272f25.png

Match them without losing the solidity of our back line.

Then again it's 11:40am and I am already on my second set of ablutions. So maybe I should stop thinking about it...

• Like 1

The pigs have caught us at a good time the last couple of years. At Hillsborough last season Carlos had clearly lost it and we were starting one hell of a depressing slump, in Jos's first game in charge our entire first 11 were injured and this season under Jos we had the worst defence in the division and hadn't kept a clean sheet up until that point.

Since Jos has gone we look a completely different side, taking the league table from when he went we'd be 4th in the league. We have a new dimension to our play with the option of pace, Hutch is set to play his first ever Sheffield derby as is Fessi who is just getting his match fitness back at the right time.

The pigs will under estimate us at their peril.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hawksmore said:

Room for a little un?

I’m 8 hours ahead too. Will be watching it in my hotel room with an empty minibar 

Full and importantly free (given Singapore prices) mini bar on Sentosa Island

Just phoned down as they hadn't replenished all the drinks or the Pringles.

Awaiting goodies...

UTO

• Like 2

Fully stocked with extra Tiger beers too also Pringles.

Sat in mi kegs (not pretty) trying to cool down a bit with the AC blowing.

Might have an earlier night after a few shandies to prepare for a 3.30 rise.

Here's hoping for some Morning Glory cos if we win the Ladyboys and Pablo will be getting some of that too.

• Haha 1

Guest Theboylangers

I've only just come out from the back of the sofa after watching us get battered at the Stain. 

Hopefully I won't end up behind the sofa again tonight :Sid:

13 minutes ago, 33 said:

Fully stocked with extra Tiger beers too also Pringles.

Sat in mi kegs (not pretty) trying to cool down a bit with the AC blowing.

Might have an earlier night after a few shandies to prepare for a 3.30 rise.

Here's hoping for some Morning Glory cos if we win the Ladyboys and Pablo will be getting some of that too.

Alan Cumming?