Wednesday - Sheff Utd (OMDT)

5 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Was interesting to see how, for every loose ball, United had one player blocking ours off, and another winning the ball. Strictly speaking probably obstruction, but quite clever, effective and presumably worked on / drilled into them.

It was quite rampant throughout the game. Especially when that Dowell dropped in and made it a 3v2 on Hutch and Bannan.

3 hours ago, A12owl said:

Somebody said on here last night about a comment made by Lees on some interview. They wouldn't reveal what he said until after the match. Have I missed It? What was said?

Ohh, whats this?!

15 hours ago, Eightace said:

Reach was quiet too

That's why he gets criticism even though on his day he can be the best player on the pitch.

But Bannan hasn't been as good as he has in recent seasons.

Reach was "quiet" because Iorfa wasn't getting the ball to him. I don't know why, but he always turned inside or back to Lees, even when Reach was available short, or made one of many runs behind the fullback.  Reach rarely got a pass to be able to do anything. And when Hector tried a cross field ball, it usually went behind Reach for a throw-in. 

10 hours ago, A12owl said:

Somebody said on here last night about a comment made by Lees on some interview. They wouldn't reveal what he said until after the match. Have I missed It? What was said?

4 hours ago, A12owl said:

.can't t find the original post your lordship. Perhaps you might get your man to search for it.

Yeah i saw it, but think it got edited or deleted.

Gonads must have been lost somewhere in between.

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Just found the original and posted it below.

Must have been important or wouldn't have withheld comments.

Ah nice one.

But to be honest, i cannot believe only one person has heard something on the radio.

Must be either misunderstood, a wind up, or it was a nothing statement being blown out of proportion.

Omfg lads... I was just gonna say he never sounds like a leader to me on or off the pitch but seen as it was 10 mins to kick-off I though against it... I come back on a few days and people are starting to think me and radio Sheffield held secret off air discussions about Lee's future lol.. sorry for the anti climax :ph34r:

1 hour ago, keepitsteel89 said:

And no I didn't withhold it because I was worries Tom Lee's was on owlstalk in the dressing room...I just though it was poor form to kinda question the captains leadership skills before a Sheffield derby...Oh my god that's what I did isn't it?..ffs

You thought that 10 minutes before kick-off in the Steel City Derby that our captain might've been sat in the dressing room reading Owlstalk?

3 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

You thought that 10 minutes before kick-off in the Steel City Derby that our captain might've been sat in the dressing room reading Owlstalk?

Getting his last minute instructions from all of us owlstalk experts wasn't he.

:Sid: